MGC 2011 thread!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
eagle5953
Moderator
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:06 pm
360 GamerTag: eagle5953
Steam ID: eagle5953
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 pm

It is a good idea, but I can't get past the fact that "Junk Food Potluck" would be an awesome Rock Band band name...

User avatar
Biased
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:29 pm
Location: Perham, Minnesota

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Biased » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:40 pm

Who says we can't start a band and rock the world, then? Will there be rock band? Or better yet, guitar hero/rock band at the karaoke bar? :P

User avatar
Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: A very anti-metal place...WI...
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:50 pm

I'm still trying to stay away from rock band/guitar hero mic after what happened before :lol: ...I can do 1 or 2 songs without dying now tho 8)
Image
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

User avatar
jdmlight
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:17 pm
Steam ID: jdmlight
Location: A boring suburb of Chicago.

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by jdmlight » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Biased wrote:Who says we can't start a band and rock the world, then? Will there be rock band? Or better yet, guitar hero/rock band at the karaoke bar? :P
Rock Band's a possibility. I'm nearly positive it'll be at the karaoke bar, but as far as for the suite goes, I could bring my drums and one guitar, and ketchup could bring a second guitar and mic. (PS2 version, since I'm bringing my PS2)
Metallica Man X wrote:I'm still trying to stay away from rock band/guitar hero mic after what happened before :lol: ...I can do 1 or 2 songs without dying now tho 8)
Oh come on, you need to do that again. I wasn't at MGC 08, I missed out, I need to see this. :P
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

User avatar
Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: A very anti-metal place...WI...
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:10 pm

No, there's no way I'm gonna do that again...Besides, you didn't much..just me falling over, being unable to breath, then spending the next week walking funny. To this day, I still have no idea what happened.
Image
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

User avatar
Black Six
Moderator
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:34 pm
360 GamerTag: Black 5ix
Location: MD
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Black Six » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:21 pm

So, it looks like there is now a chance I may be able to make it. No guarantees, but it's more of a possibility than it was before.

How convenient (or not) is the airport? Should I consider making the 13+ hour drive? Anyone interested in carpooling?
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

User avatar
Life of Brian
Moderator
Posts: 2867
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:55 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Awesome. I'm looking forward to meeting you!
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!
Image

User avatar
jdmlight
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:17 pm
Steam ID: jdmlight
Location: A boring suburb of Chicago.

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by jdmlight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Black Six wrote:So, it looks like there is now a chance I may be able to make it. No guarantees, but it's more of a possibility than it was before.

How convenient (or not) is the airport? Should I consider making the 13+ hour drive? Anyone interested in carpooling?
Where are you coming from? We're coming from Batavia, IL, if that helps with any part of your trip.

Also, if it helps, it could be possible for us to pick you up at the Chicago O'Hare airport.

I'm looking forward to meeting both of you. :D
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

User avatar
vskid
Senior Member
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am
Steam ID: vskid3
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by vskid » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:34 pm

I, once again, wish I could make it, but won't be able to. Fortunately, this time it's because I have a job, not lack of job (and thus money) like before. The 2012 one isn't looking to good, either. :( 2013 will probably be a go. :P
Image

User avatar
lifeisbetterwithketchup
Senior Member
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 pm
Steam ID: lifeisbetterwithketchup
Location: Illinois. Whee.
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 am

vskid wrote:I, once again, wish I could make it, but won't be able to. Fortunately, this time it's because I have a job, not lack of job (and thus money) like before. The 2012 one isn't looking to good, either. :( 2013 will probably be a go. :P
2013's no good. The world will have ended before that. :(
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Black Six
Moderator
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:34 pm
360 GamerTag: Black 5ix
Location: MD
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Black Six » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:52 am

jdmlight wrote:
Black Six wrote:So, it looks like there is now a chance I may be able to make it. No guarantees, but it's more of a possibility than it was before.

How convenient (or not) is the airport? Should I consider making the 13+ hour drive? Anyone interested in carpooling?
Where are you coming from? We're coming from Batavia, IL, if that helps with any part of your trip.

Also, if it helps, it could be possible for us to pick you up at the Chicago O'Hare airport.

I'm looking forward to meeting both of you. :D
I live a bit north of Baltimore, Maryland. So a ways away, lol.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

wallydawg
Senior Member
Posts: 2233
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:28 am
Location: Sorry Illinois
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by wallydawg » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 am

IIRC there was a shuttle that took you from the Milwaukee Airport to the Hotel last year. Thesame service should be availble again this year since thats one of the reasons they went back to this location for the event.
Sent from my Full Android on smartQ using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
marshallh
Moderator
Posts: 2986
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:17 pm
360 GamerTag: marshallh
Location: here and there
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by marshallh » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:21 pm

wallydawg wrote:IIRC there was a shuttle that took you from the Milwaukee Airport to the Hotel last year. Thesame service should be availble again this year since thats one of the reasons they went back to this location for the event.
Sent from my Full Android on smartQ using Tapatalk
I'm so excited for MGC

Sent from my Full Computer on Desk using Keyboard
Image

User avatar
Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 1437
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:14 pm
Location: A very anti-metal place...WI...
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by Metallica Man X » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:25 pm

marshallh wrote:
wallydawg wrote:IIRC there was a shuttle that took you from the Milwaukee Airport to the Hotel last year. Thesame service should be availble again this year since thats one of the reasons they went back to this location for the event.
Sent from my Full Android on smartQ using Tapatalk
I'm so excited for MGC

Sent from my Full Computer on Desk using Keyboard
I'm stoked and then some!

Sent from the netherworld using a sacrificial goat, with the aid of a witch doctor. :lol:
Image
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

User avatar
lifeisbetterwithketchup
Senior Member
Posts: 2180
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 pm
Steam ID: lifeisbetterwithketchup
Location: Illinois. Whee.
Contact:

Re: MGC 2011 thread!

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:
marshallh wrote:
wallydawg wrote:IIRC there was a shuttle that took you from the Milwaukee Airport to the Hotel last year. Thesame service should be availble again this year since thats one of the reasons they went back to this location for the event.
Sent from my Full Android on smartQ using Tapatalk
I'm so excited for MGC

Sent from my Full Computer on Desk using Keyboard
I'm stoked and then some!

Sent from the netherworld using a sacrificial goat, with the aid of a witch doctor. :lol:
It's gonna be awesome!

Sent by carrier pigeon.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Post Reply