GD-Rom Pin out diagram

Moderator:Moderators

WERD
GD-Rom Pin out diagram

Post by WERD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:42 pm

On both the GD-Rom controller board and the Mobo there is a point on the board that corresponds to each trace under the the connector for the GD-Rom. I know that some people have given up work on their Dreamcast portables because they have torn up a trace on the board. Well now hopefully those people can continue their projects again. I took a couple high-res scans of both areas on the boards where the pins are located. On the GD-Rom controller board they are on the same side as the connector and most points are near the connector and on the Mobo all the points are on the opposite side of the board directly under the connector.

I am 95% sure that the pin-out for the Mobo is correct as I tested each one with my multi-meter since I couldn't just follow the traces. The one on the GD-Rom connector should all be correct although I didn't use my multi-meter on every connection, just every 5 or so to make sure that I was still on track. But before you use any of this I would suggest that you test the trace and the point to make sure that you are doing the right one.

I want to add in though that I have done the 50 pin relocation using this information because I had 4 traces that were torn up and my dreamcast IS working.

GD-Rom Controller board side

Mobo Side

So now onto the pin-outs. I would highly suggest that if you use these MAKE SURE TO TEST YOUR CONNECTION FIRST! Make sure that it is correct before you connect anything! I also would suggest to not try and do the relocation of the GD-Rom controller board using only these points! It would be very easy to mix up a point or accidentally solder your wire to the wrong point in which case you finish, plug it in and it doesn't work or you could possibly fry your Dreamcast. Anyways here are the pin-outs.

c_mon
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: GD-Rom Pin out diagram

Post by c_mon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:03 pm

This info is great and works 100%. So, just a quick addition:

A25 together B25 together
A24 together B24 together
A23 B23
A22 B22
A21 together(GND) B21 together(GND)
A20 B20
A19 B19
A18 together(GND) B18 together(GND)
A17 B17
A16 B16
A15 B15
A14 B14
A13 together(GND) B13 together(GND)
A12 B12
A11 B11
A10 B10
A9 B9
A8 together(GND) B8 together(GND)
A7 B7
A6 B6
A5 B5
A4 B4
A3 together B3 together
A2 B2 N/C
A1 N/C B1 N/C

You don't need to wire all 50 pins; 40 wires are enough to join two boards.
I TAKE COMMISSIONS FOR CNC-ROUTED CASES AND PORTABLES... JUST P.M. ME!