GameCube Portable Guide "How To and FAQ"

Moderator:Moderators

kasar
Re: GameCube Portable Guide "How To and FAQ"

Post by kasar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:34 pm

donutprince wrote:i decided to make a gameboy like gcp and about the extrernal, can i just use the difrent controller slots? becuase on some games i'd need to plug in my gameboy (already own connector)
mmm, not sure what you mean. :lol:

anyway, if you keep some controller external ports at the system you will be able to plug another controllers or devices like gameboy advance.

if you decide to make a internal controller, you can also build a switch.

this switch can disable or toggle different controller numbers like P1,P2,P3 or P4.

all you need to do is wire a controller to the mobo using my diagram, then, you will need to "cut" the "bidirectional data line" wire, then, put some wires from the mobo's P1 ,P2 ,P3 and P4's bidirectional data line to a switch.

it should looks like this pic.

(this switch does not have any internal bridges, except the brown moving thing wich bridge just 2 pins (upper and lower))

the resulting functions will be:

if moving the switch to the full left is position 1, and moving the switch to full right is position 5 it will be:

position 1 - internal controller disabled

position 2 - internal controller in player 1 mode

position 3 - internal controller in player 2 mode

position 4 - internal controller in player 3 mode

position 5 - internal controller in player 4 mode

I didnt tested this by myself yet, but I think it should works

superthorn96

Post by superthorn96 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Do you only need to solder to one of the ground holes?

kasar

Post by kasar » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:34 am

superthorn96 wrote:Do you only need to solder to one of the ground holes?
mmm, can you be a little more especific? :lol:

like the part of the guide and the parts you are talking about

if you are talkig about the controllers wiring to the MOBO, yes, all the controllers have a common ground, the controllers use the same wires, except the "bidirectional line", that is the one individual/wich differs per each controller.

if you are connecting several controllers, solder all the controllers like the controller 1 setup, except the "bidirectional data line" wich need to be connected on another pin.

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 am

Hi everybody ! I'm French, I'm 15 and I'm interested in this project, but it's a little difficult for me to understand all. I would like to know if somebody speaks French ? or Is it possible to translate the Guide ?

@Kasar : can you show us the final result ? ( in a video, for example ^^ ).

By, Monstercurnch.

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Monstercrunch wrote:Hi everybody ! I'm French, I'm 15 and I'm interested in this project, but it's a little difficult for me to understand all. I would like to know if somebody speaks French ? or Is it possible to translate the Guide ?

@Kasar : can you show us the final result ? ( in a video, for example ^^ ).

By, Monstercurnch.
Here you go :) http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=25289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I could help in any way I would, but I don't know even a little bit of French! I'm sorry! :P

Monstercrunch

Post by Monstercrunch » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:39 pm

@Jidan: Thanks for your future help ;p Go to my topic here -> http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But I warning you, I start from 0 and I don't know how to make it !

kasar

Post by kasar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm

@Jidan

thank you for the link and post ;)

@Monstercrunch

like Jidan told you, there is the link containing the final results, anyway those results arent exactly the final ones relating to the portable you will do.

as you can see, I included several links to ways of trick the Dvd drive, also you have the chance to choose into another steeps like the controller one, and finally the case steep is not included at the guide cause the case I did I dont consider it good enough to make a guide about "how to make a big and crappy wooden case"

this guide is designed to catch the attention of the new people or people who dont know the basic structure of the system and guide them the basic to let them fix the problems by themselves and design the system as his/her choice.

anyway this guide isnt really complete, or go to much into details, it just show the most common steeps required in almost of the serius consoles, but the steeps can differ a lot depending how you want to do your portable.

about a portable guide in french, well, my french knowledge is null so I am unable to translate it. I even had problems making this guide due my limited english knowledge :D

windwaker

Post by windwaker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:18 pm

if i didnt want the power led and reset button could i just remove them

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

windwaker wrote:if i didnt want the power led and reset button could i just remove them
You absolutely can. :)

NintendoRox
360 GamerTag:DragoonX6

Post by NintendoRox » Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

I found out you can wire the power regulator with only 4 wires instead of 5
the gc runs just fine i have not wired the DD yet but will sure be testing it again then

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 am

Uhh, that's how 12v gets to the system. Try it with the Disk Drive and get back to us on how it works. Since you can power the GCN on lower than 12v, you may be right.

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:12 pm

kasar i cant find my gamecube audio video av cable and i have a n64 cable but it doesnt have a circuit board would it still work if i hook it up to a ps one screen or do i have to buy a gamecube audio video av cable to modify that with a variable resistor? thank you for the tut.

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sun May 09, 2010 2:17 pm

You can use an n64 cord on a gamecube.

The hd cable on the gamecube is what needs the circuit in it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

kasar

Post by kasar » Sun May 09, 2010 7:23 pm

shinigami679 wrote:kasar i cant find my gamecube audio video av cable and i have a n64 cable but it doesnt have a circuit board would it still work if i hook it up to a ps one screen or do i have to buy a gamecube audio video av cable to modify that with a variable resistor? thank you for the tut.
yep, like thewise1 said, it should work fine.

I even think the video cable I used may got used for the n64 too :D
I used a composite video cable on my tutorial, so if your n64 cable is composite video too, it probably will work fine, I'm pleased nintendo used the same conector on both consoles, making the compatibility posible, and giving the portabilizers less headaches :D

pleased you liked my guide, just let us to know if you have more questions, and you also can post how your project is going by creating a worklog

;)

shinigami679

Post by shinigami679 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:09 pm

kasar wrote:
shinigami679 wrote:kasar i cant find my gamecube audio video av cable and i have a n64 cable but it doesnt have a circuit board would it still work if i hook it up to a ps one screen or do i have to buy a gamecube audio video av cable to modify that with a variable resistor? thank you for the tut.
yep, like thewise1 said, it should work fine.

I even think the video cable I used may got used for the n64 too :D
I used a composite video cable on my tutorial, so if your n64 cable is composite video too, it probably will work fine, I'm pleased nintendo used the same conector on both consoles, making the compatibility posible, and giving the portabilizers less headaches :D

pleased you liked my guide, just let us to know if you have more questions, and you also can post how your project is going by creating a worklog

;)
how do i know if its composite though oh yeah and where did you get your ion lithium batteries from?