The definitive 3.5" Lcd review

Moderator:Moderators

devileyebrows42
Re: The definitive 3.5" Lcd review

Post by devileyebrows42 » Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

What do you connect to the audioamp? (Sorry im still a newb)
"I can eat so many frosted flakes before i've had tuna"
"Im not a dentist but i do brush my teeth twice a day"
The only things that are free in life are brochures, but nobody wants them.

neverused

Post by neverused » Mon May 03, 2010 2:57 pm

You quite literally connect the audio signal to the audio amp, but in all honesty I would make a seperate thread for your screen if you have any questions beyond the answers given so far; it's easier to answer your questions that way.

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon May 03, 2010 3:23 pm

neverused wrote:You quite literally connect the audio signal to the audio amp, but in all honesty I would make a seperate thread for your screen if you have any questions beyond the answers given so far; it's easier to answer your questions that way.
And clean threads are nice :P

Just make a topic in the Portable Screen Hacking section. I'll copy/paste my post above, and hopefully more people will have ideas.

devileyebrows42

Post by devileyebrows42 » Mon May 03, 2010 4:19 pm

thanks for the answers. ill post another topic in the hacking portable screen section if i have anymore questions
"I can eat so many frosted flakes before i've had tuna"
"Im not a dentist but i do brush my teeth twice a day"
The only things that are free in life are brochures, but nobody wants them.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:31 am

Bought #2's from soonhua_digital, inside it has a pretty tiny screen board and this fancy cable thing.

board is 2-1/8" x 1-7/8"

Here's the back with the listed pinouts most of which I don't understand what they are for/would do if they were connected. (click for supersize)

As you can see, what's interesting is the other row of pinouts that are completely unused, hastily mspaint circled in magenta.
I not sure what those are for, anyone have any ideas? Maybe it could be for RGB or something (which I know isn't "worth it" visually, but it might be helpful for screen mods involving Gamegears with GGTV mod or the TurboExpress.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:23 am

Those are mostly just the same inputs as the other boards have. Video 1 and Video 2, ground, audio left and right, standby, reverse, etc.

There are just two points, one probably for a pass through module.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:47 am

How thick is it?
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:29 pm

jjhammerstein wrote:How thick is it?
The board itself is 5/16" at its highest point. With the screen itself it's under 1/2" like the rest of the ones posted.

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:17 pm

At the bottom of page 4 I posted something about discovering how to change the brightness on Screen 2 (and Screen 3 probably, the examples Hail uses have the same exact mobo). If you add a tact switch between the NEXT and GND (ground), you can cycle through 6 levels of brightness. But your mobo seems extremely different. Try connecting things you know are not power to ground and see what happens (but if you kill your screen, I claim no responsibility in the matter :wink: )

The Smooth

Post by The Smooth » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:37 am

limpport wrote:At the bottom of page 4 I posted something about discovering how to change the brightness on Screen 2 (and Screen 3 probably, the examples Hail uses have the same exact mobo). If you add a tact switch between the NEXT and GND (ground), you can cycle through 6 levels of brightness. But your mobo seems extremely different. Try connecting things you know are not power to ground and see what happens (but if you kill your screen, I claim no responsibility in the matter :wink: )
Mine is different revision to yours and only has 5 unused pins (which aren't labled), would it be safe to try and mess around with the pins to get the effect you got?
Let's just say my portable has got loads of win!!! *hint *hint
Transformice is so addictive!

twilight.yellow

Post by twilight.yellow » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:17 am

I bought the #2 one. When the LCD takes 4.5V and 6V, it's seem unstable and the screen will flash. Any good suggestion to let the screen take 4.5V under stable?

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:34 am

There are so many different makes and models on Ebay now it is impossible to tell what lcd will take what voltage , which screen has what adjustments, etc, etc.

It is going to be up to the individual who buys an Lcd to figure it out on their own usually.

If the screen is unstable from 4.5-6v then most likely there will be no way to run it on 4.5-6v.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

mako321

Post by mako321 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:11 pm

You can always use a step up regulator.

gamemasterful

Post by gamemasterful » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:20 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bought another screen, and either it won't run at 5V, I blew something, or it was just plain defective.

How would I check it with a multimeter? Or would that be board specific...

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:25 am

Whats is the Amperage rating on your power source? I think that's the same dealer i got mine from and it runs on 5V just fine.
^ *Information above may be incorrect.* ^
^ *This signature may be incorrect.* ^