Moderator:Moderators

Kyo
Re: 3.5" DX screen hacking information

Post by Kyo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:58 am

Ah, you're right. Fair enough.

Rumpleskin

Post by Rumpleskin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 pm

I've bought a 3.5" screen following the definitive 3.5" screen guide (mine is #2) but it's almost useless. It works great with in-game bright and sunny scene (tested with Zelda Wind Waker), but it's almost all black when the scene is dark or interior house scene (I've read that another user had the same problem with #3 playing at Ocarina Of Time in the temple of fire).
So before buying a new screen, I'd like to know if there's the same problem with this screen.
The choice for now is between this one and a 3" Pustom that has the bright/contrast controls (and hopefully they will help in case I'll encounter again this problem).
Thanks in advance for your answer.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 pm

You can hack most of the 3.5" screens and a a brightness control. There's a guide on it somewhere.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Rumpleskin

Post by Rumpleskin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 pm

hailrazer wrote:You can hack most of the 3.5" screens and a a brightness control. There's a guide on it somewhere.
Yes, I've found it in one of the replies of your definite guide but poorly enough the mobo of my screen is different than the ones posted on your guide (no un-used pins). I think the problem wasn't just the brightness but also the contrast. I've tried to hack it (well, I've tried to find the resistors for the color and brightness contrast) but I've fried it :cry:
I guess I'll go with the 3" Pustom screen, but if you think I should not please let me know.