GBA SP in a DS case

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

argelfraster
Re: GBA SP in a DS case

Post by argelfraster » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:34 am

I love that the case ramps up into the screen, looks mad retro. I just have a question about that ramp though, is bondo strong enough on its own to hold out? In my experience bondo is a weak filler that should only be used for small cracks and such, while a putty is something that could be used to fill in larger holes like that.

metrolf
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:rasmooos

Post by metrolf » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:55 am

I'm using something called steel-epoxy, made to repair metal and stuff so it's probably very strong ;) Anyhow, what I did was not completely remove the plastic piece, but I trimmed it down and added the epoxy on top of it, so it's still in there, backed up with some hotglue from the inside :P
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
thewise1 wrote:Super long, but incredibly epic.
YESSSSSS!!!
Oh my gosh! What have I done?

ModderMan

Post by ModderMan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:18 pm

That loos so cool!
I hope you can get it to work :mrgreen:
- ModderMan

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:18 pm

this looks really nice but i dont understand why you made it so this thing will never fit into a pocket again

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Headphone plug, ergonomics, aesthetics, and for the sake of experience.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

metrolf

Post by metrolf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Progmetalman pretty much got the idea, and seeing as I usually dont bring my gameboy whereever I go anyway, it's not a problem for me whatsoever and if I were to do that; a SP doesn't fit all to well in my pocket anyways ;) Maybe I'll get a micro...
And by the by, I ordered a used, scratched and PINK backlit SP yesterday so maybe I'll get it working soon aswell! :)
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
YESSSSSS!!!

Epic Lavalamp
360 GamerTag:Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:48 pm

This project is sick man! I just logged on to these forums for the first time in ages to give a gbc calculator video tut, but when I found this my jaw dropped. Too bad that first version you made didn't work b/c that case was insanely nice, but I like the revision too. Keep up the good work man, this definitely gave me some inspiration to start a new project.

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:12 am

This looks really cool. Are you still planning on finishing it? I realize the last update was a while back, but you still appear to be relatively active on the forum...
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

metrolf

Post by metrolf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:40 am

Sun-Wukong wrote:This looks really cool. Are you still planning on finishing it? I realize the last update was a while back, but you still appear to be relatively active on the forum...
Thanks, and to answer your question; Yeah, absolutely! :P The reason I stopped is because the backlit SP I ordered to replace the one I broke never came, so about six months went by and the hope finally faded. Now I have finally gotten a backlit SP, and all I need to do really is cut it apart, trim it and wire everything up. Pretty messy and tiresome work. Don't expect to see any work done before the holidays tho, being a student takes most of my time and all of my motivation to work on anything other than school-stuff :| I'll try my hardest to get it done before the end of the year!
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
YESSSSSS!!!