Game Gear led mod issues

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

mbannick
Game Gear led mod issues

Post by mbannick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:48 pm

So I had a game gear laying around and decided to try this out. Seemed simple enough but for the life of me I haven't been able to get the lights to light up (there is sound and the system turns on). What am I doing wrong? I bought some 5mm 3.3v leds and a packet of 33 ohm 1/2 watt resistors from radio shack and wired it up exactly how it's shown in all the tutorials I can find. I've even gone as far as rewiring and resoldering everything multiple times but not even a blink. I noticed on a few posts that the resistor should be a little bit higher so maybe i should get some better resistors? the mother board is a VA1 837-9024 if that helps. So guys, what am I doing wrong?

mbannick

Re: Game Gear led mod issues

Post by mbannick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm

and I'm dumb :P. Seems I had a positive and negative switched around. This thread can be locked.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: Game Gear led mod issues

Post by Black Six » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:44 am

Closerized.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops