GBA backlight What are my options?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

harrykid
360 GamerTag:harrykid
GBA backlight What are my options?

Post by harrykid » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:14 pm

I want to give my non-SP GBA a lighted screen and I`m wondering what my options are. I do have an old GBA SP screen I could use but that seems a little too complicated for me is there anything simpler?

Senor_Queso

Re: GBA backlight What are my options?

Post by Senor_Queso » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:04 am

I was looking at doing this as well. I have an original GBA and have been looking into swapping the original screen out for a backlit one.
In researching this on the web, it looks like most people swap the original GBA screen with one from a GBA SP AGS-101 model. I looked these up on ebay, but they seem to sell for $75-$100, which was a bit more that I was looking to spend for a mod like this.
I found the following on dx.com
http://dx.com/p/gb-station-light-game-c ... idge-29726" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks to be a knock of of a GBA SP. Has anyone used one of these for any projects, or know if this would work to do a screen swap?