replacing Atari Lynx LCD?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

wilykat
replacing Atari Lynx LCD?

Post by wilykat » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:55 pm

The original LCD is pretty old and looks crap compared to modern LCD. So I'd like to replace it but there doesn't seen to be much info on hacking Lynx other than LED mod.

Does anyone know if there can be A/V or S-Video mod to Lynx so I could use a newer LCD? I looked at the schematic but it seems to be all digital from CPU to LCD :wtf:

I did find an old link on Atari Age about AV board but the link is dead.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: replacing Atari Lynx LCD?

Post by hailrazer » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Nope, none that I know of that are viable.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

wilykat

Re: replacing Atari Lynx LCD?

Post by wilykat » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Sorry to bump my old thread but someone figured out a way to make replacement LCD mod work on Lynx plus have video out.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/202796-lynx-to-vga/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check out his pictures and video of the progress. He's already at the prototyping stage after recruiting a few volunteers and it looks like the mod board is under $90.