Two GBA's One Screen

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Muramasa
Two GBA's One Screen

Post by Muramasa » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:05 pm

I'm working on making a tiny GBA Street Fighter arcade cabinet and I'm thinking of making it two player. Is it possible to connect two GBA boards to one GBA screen? If so, how?

ModderMan

Re: Two GBA's One Screen

Post by ModderMan » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 am

No, but you could put them side by side or make a back to back mini double arcade machine or something :lol:
- ModderMan

Lateralus

Re: Two GBA's One Screen

Post by Lateralus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Well, you could remove the screen on one. I'm assuming SFa3 uses the link cable for 2 player gameplay, and since it's street fighter... you only need 1 screen anyway. Here's how I'd go about it:

Remove screen from 1 GBA
Purchase 2 copies of SFa3 Advance
Acquire 2 GBASP's
Dissassemble both of them, but keep the screen on one of them.
Put the guts into your appropriate cabinet
Make control schemes
Here's where it would get a little tricky... You'll need 2 separate power switches, unless you wire it so that 1 switch turns on both GBAs. On top of that, the GBA without a screen... you'd have to memorize the inputs to get to the 2 player link screen and input them blindly, but other than that, yeah, it could work. I'm not familiar with how the multiplayer goes for SFa3, but if you can see player two selecting his character as well as player one on one of the screens, then you should be in business ;)