Gameboy Micro not working

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

ModderMan
Gameboy Micro not working

Post by ModderMan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:41 pm

I got 2 Gameboy Micros over the weekend for $1 each, one works and the other doesn't. I have taken them apart (no easy with those small screws) and tested the battery and the fuses in the broken one and the fuses are still intact, when turned on there is no sound, light or screen activity, no components on the board seen to be damaged. Has anyone come across this and/or fixed one like this?

-ModderMan
- ModderMan

Kiruha2012

Re: Gameboy Micro not working

Post by Kiruha2012 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:21 am

I think that the GameBoy's CPU or RAM got damaged at factory. You could return it into store where you bought it?

ModderMan

Re: Gameboy Micro not working

Post by ModderMan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 pm

nah, I got them from a market were people we're selling there junk, anyway when I tested it there are many points on the bard that get power, when it is switched on no power gets to the screen, backlight or cartridge port, there is also no sound when the speaker is connected, I wish it worked because I would have liked to explore the common topic of playing gameboy games on it with modification, the other bummer is that I closed up the other working one and the screws are so tiny that it is almost impossible to open it again, so I cannot test voltages etc I think there may be a component stopping power flow, but it is damn hard to pin the exact one.... :(
- ModderMan