Defective Atari Lynx (first model)

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Helghast
PSN Username:kak-hoofd
360 GamerTag:BamDen_666
Steam ID:kakhoofd
Defective Atari Lynx (first model)

Post by Helghast » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:05 am

Hey guys,

I recently found an old Atari Lynx, and thought it would be awesome to get that running again.
Unfortunately it didnt turn on anymore, after checking it, I found the zener diode was busted.
Having repaired that, it still is failing, and was wondering if any of you guys had experience with fixing a Lynx, and would have some leads for me where to look.

I'm just getting started in electronics, so I appreciate all the help I can get ;)

regards,
Dennis

Kumimono
PSN Username:Kumimono
360 GamerTag:Kumimono
Steam ID:Jarska333

Re: Defective Atari Lynx (first model)

Post by Kumimono » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:29 pm

I had a busted Lynx I, turned out the only fault was that the battery compartment was not "compatible" with rechargeables, no connection. Garden variety AA's worked fine. Might be as simple as that.

Helghast
PSN Username:kak-hoofd
360 GamerTag:BamDen_666
Steam ID:kakhoofd

Post by Helghast » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:33 am

I checked, I am actually using normal battery's (normal as in, non-rechargeable). And I actually get 9 volts out of it, so that is fine too...
It's somewhere else that is busted, but have no clue as to where :/

Reubensupernerd

Post by Reubensupernerd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 pm

did you check if any of the capacitors were busted? In the past I've brought game gears back from the dead by recapping