Is there any way to make a gameboy micro faceplate?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Lateralus
Is there any way to make a gameboy micro faceplate?

Post by Lateralus » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 pm

I have one, however it has some light scratches on it and I'd like to make a new one. Is it possible? I've tried looking on Ebay for a new one, and they're the hardest thing to find =_=

ChooChooBot
PSN Username:ChalupaTroopa4
360 GamerTag:ChalupaTroopa4

Re: Is there any way to make a gameboy micro faceplate?

Post by ChooChooBot » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:11 pm

Nintendo stopped making these awhile back. The only new ones out there are Japan collectable face plates that cost $60 to $100. I have been searching for my own new faceplate for awhile too.

To make your own you would need a knowledge in case making. I have never seen a homemade Micro case.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:14 am

I don't have a gb micro so I'm not sure how the faceplate connects to the unit itself but as long as it's not too intricate yeah you could probably make your own out a variety of materials. If you could post pictures of the front and back of the faceplate that would be helpful.

Tapatalk Mobile Post Woooooooo

Lateralus

Post by Lateralus » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:15 am

The only problem I see is that it's curved.

http://www.gameboy-micro.com/img/rev/face-off.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Back)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/4267 ... c9f5e0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Front)

I'd be fine with a completely clear one, and if it's simple enough to make them, maybe I could work some skin making skills and apply different skins over top the clear ones. Who knows.

The clear window like part is part of the faceplate, it's not just the screen :\

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:19 pm

You would need a CNC machine to do all that for you.