GBC Speaker Is Broken

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Coreykun667
PSN Username:keroro1125
360 GamerTag:coreykun667
Steam ID:coreykun667
GBC Speaker Is Broken

Post by Coreykun667 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 am

So I have an old GBC that dropped a long time ago. The speaker doesn't work anymore. If I shake it, there seems to be a rattling noise coming from the speaker. I can still hear faint sound from it, and the speaker also makes a noise when it plays due to the loose part in the speaker. Does anyone know if I can fix this or if there's an easy replacement that I won't have to screw with the voltage? Any help would be nice. Looking to do some modding with a front light and thought I would get this out of the way as well.

ChooChooBot
PSN Username:ChalupaTroopa4
360 GamerTag:ChalupaTroopa4

Re: GBC Speaker Is Broken

Post by ChooChooBot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Radio shack sells 3v speakers. You easily can desolder the broken one and solder the radioshack speaker on. Another method would be to take a GBA SP Speaker and replace the broken speaker with that. Either method is just a swap, no resistors required. If you need a tutorial on how to switch the speaker and add a frontlight to your GBC I have a tutorial on my site. http://www.choochoobot.com/builds/gameb ... d-001.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coreykun667
PSN Username:keroro1125
360 GamerTag:coreykun667
Steam ID:coreykun667

Re: GBC Speaker Is Broken

Post by Coreykun667 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:24 pm