I have a spare DSLite, any ideas what to do with it?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

hexary
Steam ID:shortattentionspan
I have a spare DSLite, any ideas what to do with it?

Post by hexary » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Hiya, I'm new here.
For my first project, I'm not going to do anything too complicated. I was thinking maybe just a frontlit GBC screen.
Anyway... as the title says, I have a spare DSLite lying around.
I know about the tri-wing screws (i hate safety -.-) and my dad is an Electrician. He has every single type of screwdriver I can imagine.
I was thing about just modding the case to make it a Pokedex... would that be easy?
Thoughts appreciated,
hexary

edit:
a good friend of mine is selling me 2 GBA SP's, a black one and a pikachu special one and a copy of pokemon ruby for $40
good deal or what? :D

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Re: I have a spare DSLite, any ideas what to do with it?

Post by com64 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:49 pm

hexary wrote:Hiya, I'm new here.
For my first project, I'm not going to do anything too complicated. I was thinking maybe just a frontlit GBC screen.
Anyway... as the title says, I have a spare DSLite lying around.
I know about the tri-wing screws (i hate safety -.-) and my dad is an Electrician. He has every single type of screwdriver I can imagine.
I was thing about just modding the case to make it a Pokedex... would that be easy?
Thoughts appreciated,
hexary

edit:
a good friend of mine is selling me 2 GBA SP's, a black one and a pikachu special one and a copy of pokemon ruby for $40
good deal or what? :D
If I were you, I'd harvest the extra DS for parts, lol. I just removed the backlight from a non-working DS Lite I found in a puddle outside, and put it in my Game Boy Pocket. Now my Game Boy pocket has a perfect backlight.

Other than that, I'd do a case/paint mod. You can buy a cheap clear case online (maybe Dealextreme) and you could paint it. I don't know how to paint things, so don't ask me about that... it shouldn't be too difficult to paint, though.
Finally: the surface!