Original Xbox controller GBA SP

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Epic Lavalamp
360 GamerTag:Epic Lavalamp
Original Xbox controller GBA SP

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:05 pm

So I think I'm going to start a new project soon, and I came up with the idea of sticking the guts of one of my spare SP's into one of these mamoth controllers: Image

I was going to pop of the Xbox logo in the center, and then make a square opening for where the screen would go. Then I would canabalize the A, B, START, BACK, D-PAD, White BUTTON, and TRIGGERS of the controller to work for the SP. Maybe even throw in a couple LED's for fun.

And if anyone knows how I could go about changing the SP slide power switch to a push button, that would be very helpful for this project.
Or if anyone knows how I could use one of the thumbsticks as the D-PAD, that info would also be VERY helpful.

Tell me what you think, and how I should do it, I'm up for suggestions.

I'll be sure to update this thread when I get this going.

iHackedit

Re: Original Xbox controller GBA SP

Post by iHackedit » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:36 pm

Keep the slide switch, it would be nice.
I would love to help you with this (give info and such) and I'm gonna buy one of these if I still can to experiment.

Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:35 pm

iHackedit wrote:Keep the slide switch, it would be nice.
I would love to help you with this (give info and such) and I'm gonna buy one of these if I still can to experiment.
Kool, I appriciate it!
Though I'm still deciding on wether I want to do this, or put the SP inside of a TI-84 Plus calculator...

Bush

Post by Bush » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:38 pm

You can use the analog stick as a d-pad, but I'm not exactly sure how.

peppie132
PSN Username:peppie132

Post by peppie132 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

maybe this would help with it http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:57 pm

peppie132 wrote:maybe this would help with it http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow, that actually helps a lot, Thanks!

Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:07 pm

Ok, so this project is a sure thing and I should be getting the controller mailed in today, if not then on monday. I've decided that I'm going to wire BOTH the d-pad and the left analog stick to work with the SP d-pad.

And if anyone has any tips or tuts on how to completly remove components from the SP motherboard (like the cartridge slot) in order to move it and use wires to connect it, that would be very very helpful.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Epic Lavalamp wrote:
Kool, I appriciate it!
Though I'm still deciding on wether I want to do this, or put the SP inside of a TI-84 Plus calculator...
If you do that, could you send me your screen? The screen in my 84 Plus is broken
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:40 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:
Epic Lavalamp wrote:
Kool, I appriciate it!
If you do that, could you send me your screen? The screen in my 84 Plus is broken
I would have to buy the TI-84, and since I don't want to buy an expensive one, I usually get broken ones from ebay... But if the one I buy does have a working screen, I'll be sure to message you