PSP GO memory mod

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

kmam24
PSP GO memory mod

Post by kmam24 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:38 am

Hi I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the internal memory in the PSP GP other then just using the M2 card? Basically I want to remove the on board flash and upgrade it. Also I was thinking of using an MS PRO DUO to MICRO SD adapter and soldering it on to the M2 pins as well.

I want to get 64GB in my psp go system using PRO HEN 6.35

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: PSP GO memory mod

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:36 am

I dont know about de-soldering, upgrading and re-soldering it. You will have to open it up, and look at the chip itself and look up the schematic / diagram of it.

But I am sure it is possible... It was done with a Gameboy and N64 in that fact...

I mean, it depends if Sony has allowed it to handle more than what they added.

Kind of like saying, a computer mainboard can only have 2 slots with a max of 2 GB RAM (1 GB per dim). If you were to add 2GB per dim and exceed that (4GB of 2GB) then it may not work at all or the system would not know what to do with it.

Again, best bet is to open it up and look at that flash ROM and look up the schematic of it and to also know if it can support more than the standard ROM that was included. Don't know how you would go about that though as the only way is to just GO FOR IT and try your luck I guess...

Good luck!