Game Boy Advance portable cord mod

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Shawn Carr2o
Game Boy Advance portable cord mod

Post by Shawn Carr2o » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Does anyone know if Ben Heck can make a special cord mod to make my original Game Boy Advance portable work on either a small Playstation or Gamecube portable lcd screen?

I have Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy which effects my muscles, movement and strenght and this would greatly help me play portable gaming and I would really appreciate this help. :)

I wonder if the Playstation or Gamecube lcd screen can be modified to work on all of my consoles and portables. AV ports for consoles.

I own these,

Consoles

Nintendo Famicom Toploader AV Model
Nintendo Model 2 (Will be getting this AV modded)
Sega Master System (Will be getting this AV modded)
Sega Genesis (Will be getting this AV modded)
Super Nintendo
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo 64
PC Engine Duo-R
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Playstation 2
Playstation 3
Xbox
Xbox 360
Sega Dreamcast
Supergun (Has AV and S-Video)

Portables

Game Boy Advance
PSP 3000
Game Gear
Neo Geo Pocket Color

Gaming is so awesome! and I collect consoles, portables and arcade hardware to play. :mrgreen:

gamer255

Re: Game Boy Advance portable cord mod

Post by gamer255 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't get what you want but he can make a ps1 screen work with everything but the neogeo pocket, gameboy advance and I believe the psp

Shawn Carr2o

Post by Shawn Carr2o » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 pm

gamer255 wrote:I don't get what you want but he can make a ps1 screen work with everything but the neogeo pocket, gameboy advance and I believe the psp
PSP slim 3000 models have component AV cables which won't need modding. So there is no way to mod a cord port to a my original Game Boy Advance and mod a cord port to a PS1 or GC lcd screen to play GBA games on? :)

These reason why I want to play GBA games on a PS1 or GC lcd screen is that this portable has no front-lit or back-lit screen like the GBA Sp does and so I thought that using a GBA as a controller pad would help. :)

Mcdoodle

Post by Mcdoodle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:10 pm

You can use a psone screen(really any screen) on a GBA but it needs a GBA Transverter which I can't find anywhere. You can frontlight a GBA, here's a guide to do that. Here's a site where you can use a psone screen and other cool mods for GBA.
My Portables
None yet :|
Portables in Progress
NESp - 80%

gamer255

Post by gamer255 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:30 pm

I can frontlight the Gameboy color and gameboy advance and neo geo pocket as well as add backlights to the gameboy and gameboy pocket.
PM me if you are interested.

Shawn Carr2o

Post by Shawn Carr2o » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I wonder if Ben Heck can make a small GBA console with PS1 lcd screen add on with a Gamecube controller port for those Hori Gamecube controller pads and what he will charge for this mod? I do have a GBA cable that hooks up to the Gamecube to use as a GBA controller pad. :)

It would be cool to have another PS1 lcd screen with AV/S-Video for my consoles and Supergun arcade unit a friend made for me back in 2009?

Ben Heck really sure knows how to build awesome! mods. :mrgreen:

Shawn Carr2o

Post by Shawn Carr2o » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:11 pm

gamer255 wrote:I can frontlight the Gameboy color and gameboy advance and neo geo pocket as well as add backlights to the gameboy and gameboy pocket.
PM me if you are interested.
I will need to think about this. I will let you know. :)

Shawn Carr2o

Post by Shawn Carr2o » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:26 pm

I was thinking of using this for a GBA mod.

Or this might be a better one.

One of these would make a good mod with AV and S-Video for my consoles.