NDS Lite Problem, PLEASE HELP

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Epic Lavalamp
360 GamerTag:Epic Lavalamp
NDS Lite Problem, PLEASE HELP

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:50 pm

So, I was working on my DS lite and when I tested it out the green light turned on for a second, then the top screen gave a flash, the the green light turned off... The system can still charge normally though. If you know what happened, or know how to fix, any help would be greatly appreciated! :cry:

Here's a video of the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVza3KyCa8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chezwik
PSN Username:Itsumofataride
360 GamerTag:Chezwik74

Re: NDS Lite Problem, PLEASE HELP

Post by Chezwik » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:27 pm

What was the mod that you did, and have you removed it and tried it then?
He who does things in wrong order
If i can't RROD my Xbox once a week, I'm doing it wrong

Current Projects -
Cheztendo64 - In design Phase

Spoiler:
BOO

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 am

Make sure all the ribbon cables are properly connected. If you've changed the bottom screen, and the back is bare metal, cover it with electrical tape to insulate it from the board.

If that's not the case, it might be one of the fuses. Khaaq made a nice tutorial for that. If you have a multimeter or other continuity tester, you can see if the fuses are blown or not.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:16 am

I have fixed a few DS lites before and this problem happens when either of the ribbon cables aren't connected all the way. Make sure the top and bottom screen ribbon cables are all the way in. Go on youtube and find a video of someone taking apart a Ds Lite if you need to see what the cables look like when they are seated properly.

Good luck!

Epic Lavalamp
360 GamerTag:Epic Lavalamp

Post by Epic Lavalamp » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Chezwik wrote:What was the mod that you did, and have you removed it and tried it then?
I was installing the PulseVU 2 with directions from this tutorial: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php ... 264.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I installed everything just like in the tutorial, and for the ground I just used the ground for the battery terminal. And on a side note, when I had led's hooked up to the PulseVU 2, they turned on for a second as well, so I think the Pulse was installed correctly... And yes, I removed everything involving the PulseVU 2 chip and it did the same thing