malfunctioning psp

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Chunk Aholic
360 GamerTag:chunk aholic
malfunctioning psp

Post by Chunk Aholic » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:52 am

Well i have a psp i bought from a friend last year, and it had a problem and it went away, and now it's back. every time i play a game or a movie or anything thats off the home screen of the psp, the menu screen keeps popping up asking me if i want to go back to the menu. the menu button doesn't even work, so i'm wondering if any of you might know what causes this problem or what i can do to fix it. thanks.
Lend a brother a hand

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Re: malfunctioning psp

Post by Black Six » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:34 am

Moving to Handheld Hacking...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

hellfire

Re: malfunctioning psp

Post by hellfire » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:57 pm

does it have custom firmware? sometimes the newer cfw will mess with the home button on the older fat models.. you could try going back to 1.5 and then up to a not so newer fw.. now, if you dont have any cfw on it, you might have to pull it apart and replace the button strip(ebay).. but sometimes its just some debris in there and spraying it out with compressed air will do the trick.
remember one thing.. google is your friend
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;