Phat Nintendo DS question

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

RMwashere
Phat Nintendo DS question

Post by RMwashere » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 am

I'm new here so if this question has already been asked then the Mods can move it to the appropriate spot.

Anyway, I've been pondering with the idea to make my Phat NDS screens as bright as the NDS lite. So I thought that I could replace my old screens with ones from a NDS lite. Is this possible?

or

Is it possible to just take a NDS lite motherboard and put it in a Phat NDS shell?

Thanks a bunch.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: Phat Nintendo DS question

Post by Tibia » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

The screens are not interchangeable. The connections are quite different. As for dropping a Lite into a phat shell, I honestly don't know. I haven't owned a phat for two years now.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

RMwashere

Post by RMwashere » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:53 am

Tibia wrote:The screens are not interchangeable. The connections are quite different. As for dropping a Lite into a phat shell, I honestly don't know. I haven't owned a phat for two years now.
Alrighty. Thanks

JariV

Post by JariV » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:06 am

Lite in a Phat shell will fit, but you'll have to re-locate some stuff. (Volume controll, on/off, LEDs).
themadhacker wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:What are radio shack buttons?
buttons you buy at radioshack.