<[:.Gameboy Color lite Project .:]>

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Nintendo65Portable
<[:.Gameboy Color lite Project .:]>

Post by Nintendo65Portable » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:33 am

Okay, I am forming a group to try to make a new slicker look for the GBC Color.
We will be modding to the max!
Want to join the fun and games? Well fill out this form!:

* Required fields.
* Username:
*Position:
Your past work:
* Are you willing to come and play the modding game? (MWAHAHAHAHHAHA, jk, jk I'm kidding) :

We need:
New case .:[Still Need]:.
Back/front light from GBA .:[Check]:.
New rechargable Battery (just so we don't have to find a double a battery charger) .:[Still Need]:.

Modifications we shall make:
Back lit screen
Brand new case
Maybe a slot relocation
My Idea: find some see through buttons and when the system is on the leds we put under them will light up? :)
IDEAS WELCOME :) :) :)

argelfraster

Re: <[:.Gameboy Color lite Project .:]>

Post by argelfraster » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:14 am

I don't want to fill all of those fields but I can help with making a new case.

smitty

Post by smitty » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Omg GBC Color? That's one of my fav faorite consoles!
Batteryspace.com sells good batteries. Buy one.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Nintendo65Portable

Post by Nintendo65Portable » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks, you don't have to fill out a form, it was sort of a joke as well.
I have always wanted to do modding but I don't have a soldering iron.... until yesterday, dad just never told me we had a soldering iron!

Its the one on the middle to the right.

It has two cylinder looking things that come out and there are three extensions, cutter, smoother and basic solder tip. The extensions have bolts which you can screw on the cylinders and that heats it up. It's really old, the pictures in the manual are black and white....

Oh, right yes argelfraster you can make a case if you want too and smitty if you want to help with anything else you can, thanks for the battery tip, I just want a rechargable battery so we don't have to recharge double a's all the time...

Nintendo65Portable

Post by Nintendo65Portable » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:11 pm

so for batterys, li-ion's, niMH's or Ni-Cd's

Nintendo65Portable

Post by Nintendo65Portable » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:13 pm

oh and how much volt?

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Edit your posts, don't double and triple post, please. It's irritating as heck.

Also, how do you figure something's old because the pics in the manual are black and white? The pics in the manual of my DSi are black and white.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Nintendo65Portable

Post by Nintendo65Portable » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Well that and the fact that my dad got it when he was like ten and he is 47...

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:24 pm

Shouldn't that copulate indicate to you that it's a piece of junk and absolutely BAD for electronics?

You're a copulate noob, don't go around stating that something is good for other noobs who AREN'T idiots to see when in reality you have NO CLUE what the hell you're talking about.

smitty

Post by smitty » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 am

As snowpenguin said, you might want a new soldering iron, maybe one that isn't 20 years older than the thing you're working on.

And the gameboy color needs a 3 volt battery. I'd go for li-ion cuz they're the smallest.
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Nintendo65Portable wrote:Thanks, you don't have to fill out a form, it was sort of a joke as well.
I have always wanted to do modding but I don't have a soldering iron.... until yesterday, dad just never told me we had a soldering iron!

Its the one on the middle to the right.

It has two cylinder looking things that come out and there are three extensions, cutter, smoother and basic solder tip. The extensions have bolts which you can screw on the cylinders and that heats it up. It's really old, the pictures in the manual are black and white....

Oh, right yes argelfraster you can make a case if you want too and smitty if you want to help with anything else you can, thanks for the battery tip, I just want a rechargable battery so we don't have to recharge double a's all the time...
those type of soldering iron are generally too powerful for working on delicate electronics like portables, if you need a cheap decent quality iron go to radioshack and buy a 25 watt soldering iron there, they cost around 8$ last time i checked.

and snowpengiun; if you are going to continue to verbally abuse members of this forum you WILL be banned, i dont know how things work at modretro but we dont educate with insults here, that type of behavior is not the type of environment we try and cultivate here on benheck. you have been warned