Some ds lite problems

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

what
Some ds lite problems

Post by what » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Alright, I am having some problems with my ds lite, and if you would be so kind I would love if you helped.

1. The ds lite will turn green, but the screens will not turn on.

2. Is the extra circuit board that the white wire was attatched to ground? Or is it necessary for it to function?

3. I am annoyed at my other ds, as this one had phillips screws, while this one has all triwing screws. Any ways to get these off without a tri wing?

OMGpedobear

Re: Some ds lite problems

Post by OMGpedobear » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 pm

take a small flat head screw driver and bend one of the sides in a clockwise direction , makes a nice screwdriver for Nintendo stuff.

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 am

classic method (which i wouldn't recommend for a ds) is to light a Bic pen on fire and blow the fire out. Mash the melting plastic onto the screw head to make the form. Lasts for about 3 screws...

Works better on SNES carts than it would for a DS...

what

Post by what » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks for the advice, but I figured out that it was probably the screens that was causing my problems. I decided to trade it instead, and save myself the trouble.

Also, this site needs more smilies.