Gameboy Color mods

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

what
Gameboy Color mods

Post by what » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:49 pm

I am currently working on modifying a gameboy color so that it has built in batteries, a new case, and possibly an mp3 player(not certain about that). I am having some difficulty making a case. I am making this only out of materials I already have, and unfortunately I have forgotten how to raise voltage with batteries and raise mah with them, using the different forms of connecting them. Any ideas on what to do?

argelfraster

Re: Gameboy Color mods

Post by argelfraster » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:54 pm

what wrote:I am currently working on modifying a gameboy color so that it has built in batteries, a new case, and possibly an mp3 player(not certain about that). I am having some difficulty making a case. I am making this only out of materials I already have, and unfortunately I have forgotten how to raise voltage with batteries and raise mah with them, using the different forms of connecting them. Any ideas on what to do?
What do you mean by "built in batteries"? Like a rechargeable battery pack?

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Batteries in series increases voltage. Batteries in parallel increases mah.

what

Post by what » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:12 pm

yeah, a built in rechargeable battery pack. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is lithium ion, or what connects where, or what the extra electronic bits the wires are connected to are.

what

Post by what » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Unfortunately, the batteries that I have are to large for the case I have, and having a bigger case completely defeats what I am trying to do. I'm going to have to buy smaller ones :(

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:20 pm

go get a GBASP or DS battery those always worked good on mods like this for me
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

what

Post by what » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:51 pm

Do they have protection circuits? Currently, my mod is having some problems, as I broke off the speaker(which may be convenient :D ), there's a high pitched noise when there is sound, and it is louder than the games sound, and I cant figure out how to wire the battery I'm currently using so that it charges from the plug on the bottom of the Color. Also, I am having difficulty figuring out what material is good for filling in large amounts of holes in a case.

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:17 pm

yes i believe there is a protection circuit on the GBAsp/DS batteries
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

what

Post by what » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Yeah, thanks. I've gotten the case modded to a decent level, enough for the moment. I now have to relocate the voulme, the power, and the accesory jacks, plus wire in the battery.

what

Post by what » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 pm

One thing. Bad luck. For one thing, I am having difficulty making the case fit, no matter how many holes that I melt in it. For worse news, my Gameboy Color is not working, as it will no longer turn on. Good news. Someone I know is giving me a GBC, so that my project can continue. YAY! :mrgreen:

what

Post by what » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Now I've managed to fit the color inside the case. I just need to use some bondo to make the case pretty, and I have to fix the color. Does anybody know how to fix a color when it is making a high pitched noise?

what

Post by what » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Now I've managed to fit the color inside the case. I just need to use some bondo to make the case pretty, and I have to fix the color. Does anybody know how to fix a color when it is making a high pitched noise?

what

what

what

Post by what » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:36 pm

I have gotten a new GBC, modding can continue.