solar panel

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply

User avatar
joeyjoe9876
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:06 pm

just steal one from a solar powered lamp lol
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

User avatar
argelfraster
Posts: 984
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by argelfraster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:15 pm

These are cheaper...

User avatar
joeyjoe9876
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:48 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 pm

so :P
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

User avatar
vskid
Senior Member
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am
Steam ID: vskid3
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by vskid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Actually, used lamps may be cheaper, plus the contain other goodies. :wink:
I would use one of these. One would be good enough if you're using it to charge batteries. If you want it to run completely off solar power (with no battery, or a very small one), you'll want two to be safe.
Image

User avatar
smitty
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: the band room
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:15 pm

vskid wrote:Actually, used lamps may be cheaper, plus the contain other goodies. :wink:
I would use one of these. One would be good enough if you're using it to charge batteries. If you want it to run completely off solar power (with no battery, or a very small one), you'll want two to be safe.
So if I get a whole bunch of those, can I power my DS!?!?!?

:idea: Or, if I got around 70 trillion of them, could I power a 360!?
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:
Image

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: solar panel

Post by snowpenguin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Shouldn't take very many to power a DS, after all, it's already handheld.

You'd need closer in the range of thousands to power a 360, 70 trillion gets you 12 V 700,000,000,000 Amps, and the 360 obviously does not draw anywhere near that much.
Image

User avatar
smitty
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: the band room
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:26 pm

snowpenguin wrote:Shouldn't take very many to power a DS, after all, it's already handheld.

You'd need closer in the range of thousands to power a 360, 70 trillion gets you 12 V 700,000,000,000 Amps, and the 360 obviously does not draw anywhere near that much.
Yeah, but, it still draws a lot. And when you turn that thing on, you can hear it! It's almost as bad as turning on an old computer.

I might actually try that with a DS. As soon as I get some money... :roll:
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:
Image

User avatar
snowpenguin
Posts: 1306
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: solar panel

Post by snowpenguin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:31 pm

But still, 700 billion amps? 8)
Image

User avatar
smitty
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: the band room
Contact:

Re: solar panel

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:43 pm

I s'pose I got a little carried away.... But then, so did Bill Gates and his Video Game Department. :lol:
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:
Image

Post Reply