Anyone gotten to try all 3 DS's?

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Sun-Wukong
Re: Anyone gotten to try all 3 DS's?

Post by Sun-Wukong » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:58 pm

smitty wrote:They have a red one... :roll:
Eh, it's not the same. Also, red is only available in Japan.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Whoops, I thought the new pink one was red...
Mario wrote:Yes, I've gone to my local Wal-Mart and was amazed at their selection of resistors, inductors, and FPGA chips. :roll:

roxasnobody

Post by roxasnobody » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:48 am

Sun-Wukong wrote:Here's the deal. I love my DS, but I've had it sense 2004 and father time seems to have taken a bat to the touch screen. It still works, but not as well as I'd like it to. It feels slightly elevated from the actual touch sensor or whatever it is under the LCD display, and certain parts just feel scratchy. Also the color depth is really lacking compared to the DS Lite's, and in moderate to bright sunlight, it's can be just ball to try and see what's going on.

The reason for my question though, is that I've used a DS Lite before, and I just can't stand the D-Pad. It just doesn't work well enough for 3D games, and as much as I loves me some Mario 64 and Mario Kart DS, I's hard for me to accept that as the only other option. So, hows the D-Pad on the DSi? Is it more like the DS Phat's, or should I just save money and get a DS Lite anyway?
i personally own and still do all of the three ds's
i liked the dsi the most because of the bigger screen