Gameboy Original makeover

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

chainfire95
Gameboy Original makeover

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:14 pm

So, I'm looking to remove the gray lining on the plastic plate covering the Gameboy screen. What would be the best way to do that? I also want to buffer it to remove some scratches, any advice?
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

chainfire95

Re: Gameboy Original makeover

Post by chainfire95 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:08 pm

bump
A truly wise man can entertain a thought without accepting it. A fool cannot withhold past judgments but instead closes his mine to new possibilities. Someone who wants to innovate simply needs to forget what everyone says isn't possible.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Short version: Not gonna happen.

Longer version: I tried, not gonna happen. :lol:

The best way would be to get some 1mm sheet glass and cut it to size. It would not scratch, either, so that is a plus.

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:15 pm

where.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:19 pm

I wish I knew, last I tried a few months ago, I failed at finding anything under 2mm, I was hoping you would look for me! :lol:

Last I heard, there was a german shop that would mod your GP32 with a 1mm glass lense, and a few people used a DIY version, but I have no clue where to get it here in the US.

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 pm

I sent an inquiry here about scrap sheet glass: http://www.made-in-china.com/china-prod ... Glass.html

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 am

Im wondering if I should paint my Mod. What do you all think? I wanted it to look as authentic as possible, but it may look cooler if I include a custom paint job with it. Im installing a GBA SP in a gameboy original case. If I paint it, what color should I use ( i want it to be 1 or 2 solid colors)

Diminuendo

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 am

what you can actually do is get a GBA (original) screen cover replacement off ebay and cut that to shape, I have done this and sanded it down to the size of a GBP protector

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:36 am

Wow, thats a great idea, thanks! =D

arfink

Post by arfink » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Umm, lookie here:

http://nonelectronics.com/catalog/index ... ucts_id=11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would've thought you knew about this one Palmer...
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Of course I did.

But he wanted to get rid of the gray plastic so it works with a GBA sized screen. That link does not help. :wink:

Excellent

chainfire95

Post by chainfire95 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:02 pm

Yeah, that link doesn't really help. I figured it out now anyways.