List of PSP Homebrew Guides

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
List of PSP Homebrew Guides

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am

Seeing as we're getting a huge influx of great guides on this topic and we can't sticky 'em all, for the sake of ease, we're just going to start linking to all the guides our users post in this thread. That way everything's easier to find and we can have only one sticky as opposed to 5 or 6. :wink:

EDIT- I'll clean up the stickies later tonight, but for now, everyone who's made a guide on the topic, please post a link to your thread here with a short description as to what PSP you're modding, what FW you're dealing with, etc.
Last edited by CronoTriggerfan on Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:25 pm

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=24141

The PSP Phat Homebrew Enabling "Adventure"

PSP Type: Phat (1000 series)
Firmware: 3.90M33

Description: Split into 3 chapters, it details how to make Pandora's Battery, making a magic Memory Stick and flashing the PSP. Fully detailed instructions in very newbie-friendly English with lots of pictures.

I have cleaned it up and updated one dead link. I removed the Spyro references and bared it down just to the needed ones.

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:11 am

My 2 guides are:

1. GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware / Un-Brick PSP-1000's ( PSP-Phat ) and PSP-2000's ( PSP Slim & Lite )

this shows you how to custom firmware your PSP to 4.01 M33-2, and so far, this works for phats and slims ( 1000's and 2000's ) this guide might work on PSP-3000's ( PSP Brites ) but if it is possible to update a PSP 3000 to custom firmware, ill update the guide =D

Heres how (bacically):

-- Make the magic memory stick with Rains Simple MMS Maker, whihc doesnt use the microsoft.NET framework, or any framework, command script or anything like that

-- Hardmod or softmod the battery to make it pandora, which is simple, a baby could do it =D
which hardmodding doesnt need another PSP, but softmodding the battery needs a phat PSP with custom firmware.....

-- Flash the PSP with custom firmware 4.01 M33-2 with your Magic memory stick and pandora battery.

--Information on what everything does iin every section, and even a section in PT3. that tells you what the recovery menu and stuff is....

2. GUIDE: Update an already custom firmwared PSP to newest M33 Custom Firmware

this shows you how to update your custom firmware to the newest at the time. ( this will always changes until the PSP stops getting firmwares made for it... )

well.... thats it =D

for now anyway.......
Last edited by BoomBox-Creations on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:40 pm

Another on making a Pandora's battery without a CFW PSP: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=21280

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:56 am

Is it possible to rename this thread to "The list of PSP Homebrew guides"?

The current title seems to attract less clickers. :?

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:30 am

Done. :wink:

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Updating PSP to 5.00M33-6

Here's a nice quick guide on updating PSP firmware to 5.00M33-6.

You don't need a PC for this, just your PSP and a Wifi connection.

lelle22

Re: List of PSP Homebrew Guides

Post by lelle22 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:15 am

Hi i have a problem, i follow all the steps and everything works just fine, until i try loading a game, i get an error reading :the game could not be started (80020321) anyone with any idea of what iv'e done wrong and what im supposed to do? Id be really thankful for a sollution =)..

dude91

Post by dude91 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 am

I downloaded games from psp homebrew games and followed all your instructions the games are still not working.

willtthorne
360 GamerTag:willthorne

Post by willtthorne » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:41 pm

:mrgreen:
CORRENT PROJECT : PORTABLE SEGA GENISSIS! (for sale for around 150$)

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Pretty dated info here.

I am gonna buy a new 3k series PSP this Friday, with the Price drop, and the enticing thought of PS1 games on the go, I had to have one. The actual PSP games appeal to me very little, except the obviously good handful of PSP games.

If Polyphony Digital wasn't stingy with releasing the PS1 Gran Turismo Games on the PSN, Which are far Superior to GTP, and because of which would result in very little GTP sales, I would definatly rebuy them off the PSN.

But I legally own GT1 and 2 for PS1, so not buying them off the PSN store doesn't bother me in the least, their mistake, their loss.

Looks like I will have to wait to see what motherboard is in the PSP I buy.