GUIDE: Update a custom firmwared PSP to 5.00 M33-6 [newest]

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

mavigirl

Post by mavigirl » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:38 am

slowman i have done this.When i connect psp via usb the 500.pbp is with the EBOOT.PBP in the update folder.Sorry but i'm lost here.

slowman

Post by slowman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Nope, it should not be in the UPDATE folder. Put it in the root of the memory stick where you see the folders: PSP, ISO, PICTURE, VIDEO, etc.

Find out which drive the PSP is (likely J:/, K:/, or L:/) and open it up. Drop it right there. That should fix it. :)

mavigirl

Post by mavigirl » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:08 am

Slowman,have tried what you have said but nothing happens.Sorry to be a pain but it has not updated.To be honest i followed the 1st page of this posting which would not work for me by posting the file in the update folder,have now removed to the root of the memory stick but can get no joy.Thanks for your patience.

InvisibleMan

Post by InvisibleMan » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:00 am

I just wanted to say thanks for making this guide.
It didn't tell me how to actually play ISO's, but I figured that out on my own.
Thanks for taking the time to make this guide.

17daysolderthannes

Re: GUIDE: Update a custom firmwared PSP to 5.00 M33-6 [newest]

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:03 pm

wait, so if you try to install 1.5 on a slim, you can't even unbrick it with a pandora battery and a magic memory stick?

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:31 am

17daysolderthannes wrote:wait, so if you try to install 1.5 on a slim, you can't even unbrick it with a pandora battery and a magic memory stick?
I had tried to install on my new slim, but it wont let you install now, but on my old slim, when i did it, i tried pandora and MMS about 30 mil times, and nothing... very good way if you want a bricked Ta 88v3 out of a TA 85 ( or other ) so my old is stuffed up, i sold it to someone, bout a yr ago, im going to ask if he had fixed it...

but hope that answered your question...

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:09 am

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
17daysolderthannes wrote:wait, so if you try to install 1.5 on a slim, you can't even unbrick it with a pandora battery and a magic memory stick?
I had tried to install on my new slim, but it wont let you install now, but on my old slim, when i did it, i tried pandora and MMS about 30 mil times, and nothing... very good way if you want a bricked Ta 88v3 out of a TA 85 ( or other ) so my old is stuffed up, i sold it to someone, bout a yr ago, im going to ask if he had fixed it...

no, I mean if you try to install 1.5, brick it, can it be unbricked with a different firmware like, say, 5.00 with the padora and MMS or is it totally copulate forever?

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:33 pm

17daysolderthannes wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:

no, I mean if you try to install 1.5, brick it, can it be unbricked with a different firmware like, say, 5.00 with the padora and MMS or is it totally screw forever?
If you managed to have a very first gen slim, and manage to install the 1.5 addon ( with the newer slims ( not the TA 88v3 but before ), .like the TA 88v2 it will not let you install it.) But only if you manage to have a very first gen slim, then yes you cannnot unbrick it at all. you can not put it on any custom or official firmware.

Hope that answered...

bimma
PSN Username:bimma
360 GamerTag:bimma
Steam ID:22548

Post by bimma » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 am

Everything works! Thanks