GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware PSP-1000's and PSP-2000's

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

olirauw

Post by olirauw » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:34 am

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
olirauw wrote:Is it possible to make a pandora battery with a psp slim, and use the pandora battery with a phat psp?

thx!
Do you mean hardmod or softmod?

you can only softmod a phat battery in a Phat PSP and use that pandora battery on a phat PSP or a slim PSP.

a hardmodded slim pandora battery WILL NOT work in a Phat PSP, onla a slim PSP.

but a hardmodded phat pandora battery will work in a phat PSP and a slim PSP.

So answering your question: It is possible to make a pandora battery using a slim PSP, but the pandora battery that is made in the slim, it WILL NOT work in a Phat PSP. but done in a Phat PSP, it will work on both slim and phats...

Hope that helped...
ok, thx

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm sorry, BoomBox. I just followed these instructions and it didn't work out for my bro's PSP Slim. :? The Rains MMS Maker seems to hang.

I'd gone for the PSP Grader Lite and it worked.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:16 am

Nothing he says works in real life, but that is okay, it works fine when he writes it. :lol:

I personally love your guide, Aguiluz, I used it for mine, and I don't see why people tried to replace it; It works great, and I just used network update straight to the latest version! :D AGUILUZ FOR STICKY!

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 am

palmertech wrote:AGUILUZ FOR STICKY!
Seconded because bold words convince me!

I would definitly consider, like, initiating left lighting, palmertech!
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:35 am

OH SHI-

Fine, be that way. :lol:

Excellent

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:54 am

Aguiluz wrote:I'm sorry, BoomBox. I just followed these instructions and it didn't work out for my bro's PSP Slim. :? The Rains MMS Maker seems to hang.

Im guessing it hanged when it was creating the IPL and formatting and all that eh?

Well, next time, if you do use the program again, Dont do anything on the computer until it has finished. Otherwise you have a corrupt MMS.

Im not sure why it does that, but in the newer version ( which i cant find ) it apparently fixes that...
palmertech wrote: Nothing he says works in real life, but that is okay, it works fine when he writes it. Laughing

I personally love your guide, Aguiluz, I used it for mine, and I don't see why people tried to replace it; It works great, and I just used network update straight to the latest version! Very Happy AGUILUZ FOR STICKY!
Im not trying to replace it, im giving a different way to do it, because not every program works on every computer.

For PSP Grader/Lite you need to have a version of Microsoft .NET installed, whihc i currently dont have, so i cant use PSP Grader. so i use this. This is just another option for people that do not have the right software to use.

This uses no other software to run except for Windows 2000/XP/Vista

So now do you get why i have posted this?[/quote]

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:54 pm

palmertech wrote:I personally love your guide, Aguiluz, I used it for mine, and I don't see why people tried to replace it; It works great, and I just used network update straight to the latest version! :D AGUILUZ FOR STICKY!
Thanks. ^_^ It was used to be stickied until it was un-stickied.
BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aguiluz wrote:I'm sorry, BoomBox. I just followed these instructions and it didn't work out for my bro's PSP Slim. :? The Rains MMS Maker seems to hang.

Im guessing it hanged when it was creating the IPL and formatting and all that eh?

Well, next time, if you do use the program again, Dont do anything on the computer until it has finished. Otherwise you have a corrupt MMS.

Im not sure why it does that, but in the newer version ( which i cant find ) it apparently fixes that...
I did nothing. I stepped a few paces away from the PC (as instructed) and done something else. 1 hour later, stuck. I tried again, reboot, signed out instant messengers, disabled antivirus, disconnect internet, retry, stuck.

(EDIT: Typo fix)

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:52 am

Aguiluz wrote: I did nothing. I stepped a few paces away from the PC (as instructed) and done something else. 1 hour later, stuck. I tried again, reboot, signed out instant messengers, disabled antivirus, disconnect internet, retry, stuck.
Then im not sure,

If i may ask, are you using your main laptop ( the one that has vista home basic ) or some other computer?

ive heard problems from others like yours with people using vista home basic...

Could you see if it works on a friends PC with XP or another version of vista?

The only reason why im asking, is because every computer ive used it on ( my Desktop PC with XP, my laptop with vista ultimate, works PC with 2000 and my parents computer with a newer version of XP to mine ) it works fine on all of them.

yonaton

Post by yonaton » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:20 am

Great guide! I can finally get custom firmware the ol' psp now. Before I start tho... I was just wondering, is there any advantage to getting the tool battery converter over the hybrid 2-in-1 battery? If not, I'd probably just go with the hybrid as it is the cheaper of the two options. If anyone has purchased either of these any tips would be awesome.

Thanks

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:24 am

It worked for me, and yours didn't, :?: maybe it's because I have an extremely old computer now (10+ years) it worked just fine for me
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:55 pm

yonaton wrote:Great guide! I can finally get custom firmware the ol' psp now. Before I start tho... I was just wondering, is there any advantage to getting the tool battery converter over the hybrid 2-in-1 battery? If not, I'd probably just go with the hybrid as it is the cheaper of the two options. If anyone has purchased either of these any tips would be awesome.

Thanks
Thanks for the comment,

If you are going to buy either one, id buy the tool battery converter, only because its quick, and you can use it on any battery...

And you can mod more than one PSP with it...

I have brought and used ( and then gave away ) both of them and they both work fine...

But i would go with the converter...

eurddrue wrote:It worked for me, and yours didn't, :?: maybe it's because I have an extremely old computer now (10+ years) it worked just fine for me
Well, no offence, but i didnt really expect you to actually use my guide with this program... ( please dont kill me )

qvr

Post by qvr » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:29 pm

hey...I have a Digital Energy replacement battery, and I was wondering if there is a way to pandora that too? I've looked by the chip we need to remove a pin from is not on the board for the battery.

I've attached a picture of the battery circuit - of first note was the giant black goo in the center, which I partially removed. There are only two notable circuit chips. The first is a the large one with the PSP sticker. The second is a chip that looks like it's similar to the one mentioned in the guide.

Thoughts?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:35 pm

Nope, you generally need an official battery to make a pandora. Dealextreme.com has pandora batteries for like $7 including shipping, get one there.

Excellent

InvisibleMan

Help...

Post by InvisibleMan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:25 am

I don't get it. I followed all the directions. I did everything correctly. I pressed X on "Install 4.01 M33" and it was working fine. Then the screen turned black for no reason (it was on about 14% I think) but the green LED was still on for a few seconds. Then it turned off, and now it wont turn on anymore.

I followed the directions extremely carefully. It was even working for a while, before it messed up.

I have a PSP-1000 (fat). I did all the 1.50 stuff (load 1.50 EBOOT, etc) I just want to know WHY this happened.

Aguiluz

Re: Help...

Post by Aguiluz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:14 pm

InvisibleMan wrote:I don't get it. I followed all the directions. I did everything correctly. I pressed X on "Install 4.01 M33" and it was working fine. Then the screen turned black for no reason (it was on about 14% I think) but the green LED was still on for a few seconds. Then it turned off, and now it wont turn on anymore.

I followed the directions extremely carefully. It was even working for a while, before it messed up.

I have a PSP-1000 (fat). I did all the 1.50 stuff (load 1.50 EBOOT, etc) I just want to know WHY this happened.
It's probably bricked. Does it still do the green light when a pandora is jacked in?