GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware PSP-1000's and PSP-2000's

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Aero4smith7
Re: GUIDE: How to Custom Firmware PSP-1000's and PSP-2000's

Post by Aero4smith7 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:32 pm

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:ok i have a q...i have almost everything done...i got the mms...but i need the pandora battery...i was trying to do the third option....and i followed it...but when i got to the turn on the psp while holding R..it wouldnt go into that mode u mention (i forgot wat it was)...can u help me? or someone?
Im sorry, but you do need a pandora battery, unless you have a phat PSP thats on original firmware 1.50, then you can use my other guide, here ( http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26563 ) but if not, you will need a pandora battery. Sorry... there are links on the first page on where you can buy one if you dont want to make one.
and to make one i gotta open it right? if so...im not doing that...one for the fact i dont have a spare psp battery...im not sure if im on the right track for wat i jus said but i got the 2001 model...so i gess i gotta but it? buy, but if i recall...the original firmware for my psp was..i think 1.50 or 2.0 i dont remember...

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:21 am

Aero4smith7 wrote:and to make one i gotta open it right? if so...im not doing that...one for the fact i dont have a spare psp battery...im not sure if im on the right track for wat i jus said but i got the 2001 model...so i gess i gotta but it? buy, but if i recall...the original firmware for my psp was..i think 1.50 or 2.0 i dont remember...
you can buy another battery, from lets say Wal-Mart, or online. or if you get a 2-in-1 pandora battery from dealextreme (link on first page of the guide) you only need to use it when needed. And the 2-in-1 Pandora battery can be used as a normal battery aswell. it has a switch built in to change it from normal to pandora.

Plus. you do need a pandora battery, since yours is a PSP-2000 (or PSP-2001 in your case, they are the same thing). PSP-2000's cant be hacked without a pandora battery. Also, PSP-2000's lowest firmware version possible is 3.60. It is impossible to have 1.50/2.00 (or anything below 3.60, such as 3.52) installed on a PSP-2000 (PSP Slim)

Hope that helped....

Aero4smith7

Post by Aero4smith7 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:53 am

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:and to make one i gotta open it right? if so...im not doing that...one for the fact i dont have a spare psp battery...im not sure if im on the right track for wat i jus said but i got the 2001 model...so i gess i gotta but it? buy, but if i recall...the original firmware for my psp was..i think 1.50 or 2.0 i dont remember...
you can buy another battery, from lets say Wal-Mart, or online. or if you get a 2-in-1 pandora battery from dealextreme (link on first page of the guide) you only need to use it when needed. And the 2-in-1 Pandora battery can be used as a normal battery aswell. it has a switch built in to change it from normal to pandora.

Plus. you do need a pandora battery, since yours is a PSP-2000 (or PSP-2001 in your case, they are the same thing). PSP-2000's cant be hacked without a pandora battery. Also, PSP-2000's lowest firmware version possible is 3.60. It is impossible to have 1.50/2.00 (or anything below 3.60, such as 3.52) installed on a PSP-2000 (PSP Slim)

Hope that helped....
ok one more thing...because my psp is psp-2001 i need a pandora battery or i cant do it completely?

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:01 am

Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:

Hope that helped....
ok one more thing...because my psp is psp-2001 i need a pandora battery or i cant do it completely?
you hit the nail on the head :)

(means your right)

Aero4smith7

Post by Aero4smith7 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:55 pm

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:

Hope that helped....

(means your right)
for which part? :?:

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:

Hope that helped....

(means your right)
That you need a pandora battery

Aero4smith7

Post by Aero4smith7 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm

BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:
Aero4smith7 wrote:
BoomBox-Creations wrote:

Hope that helped....

(means your right)
That you need a pandora battery
AWESOME!! but cant i buy it at gamestop or something?