So are you going to get an openpandora (not the battery!)

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:54 am

It ships worldwide, so yes, Spain is a go.

Also, I thought everyone here who's interested should know that there's a vote going on about the final keyboard design right now. Some people actually want to put Alt and Ctrl on the keyboard as opposed to a period and comma. So if anyone wants to stop the madness, you should definitely jet on over and vote! :D

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:06 am

CronoTriggerfan wrote:It ships worldwide, so yes, Spain is a go.

Also, I thought everyone here who's interested should know that there's a vote going on about the final keyboard design right now. Some people actually want to put Alt and Ctrl on the keyboard as opposed to a period and comma. So if anyone wants to stop the madness, you should definitely jet on over and vote! :D
Voted against the madness. :D
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:24 pm

Good man. :P

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:30 pm

On the keyboard!

tom61

Post by tom61 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:16 am

Meh. Labeling is irrelevant.

I'm still trying to decide if the Pandora would be a fit for me. On one hand, I've been wanting a handheld with features like this for a long time. On the other I'm not sure I'd really have a use for it. I don't play games as much as I used to, particularly on the go such that the Pandora would have an advantage over my EEE PC 900. I've had a taste of what real mini-computers with x86 processors are capable of over ones with ARM processors, so the specs aren't as impressive as they once would have been.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:56 am

Well if you don't want to game on handhelds, I think you've answered your own question. :P

colosalblack

Post by colosalblack » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:46 am

Ill probably wait a few months to see reviews and how the scene is going to make sure its worth the money.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:53 am

I really want one, but will have to wait until 2009 to get one, as I don't have any money right now :(.

It looks amazing, though, I can't wait to get my hands on one, eventually. I don't mind waiting, though, since it's the homebrew gaming part I'm interested in the longer I wait the better it'll get :D.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Well, I may have trouble getting a preorder unit because they're not going to offer PayPal as a payment option. :rolleyes: From the looks of it, these guys are better than GPH when it comes to developing a product, but I sometimes think they have no clue what's going on when it comes to launching their product. By not offering such a widely used payment option, they've effectively alienated a huge chunk of potential buyers like myself. I'll have no problem buying a newly-fixed Wiz if they actually go through with this crap. :?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:30 pm

What? No paypal? What options ARE they providing? Credit card?

I know plenty of people who have set up paypal on their website, it is incredibly easy to do. I have only paypal for online purchases as well, so this may make the pandora a non-starter for me. :?

Excellent

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 pm

palmertech wrote:What? No paypal? What options ARE they providing? Credit card?

I know plenty of people who have set up paypal on their website, it is incredibly easy to do. I have only paypal for online purchases as well, so this may make the pandora a non-starter for me. :?
Exactly, and we're not alone. Get over to GP32x and argue your point, I'm getting slaughtered trying to hold my own with a couple other guys! :lol: I guess their theory is that there's a nominal seller's fee, but more importantly, PayPal can "freeze" any account Craig sets up. Understood, but the stock market could crash, too. :roll: I semi-retract my previous statements in that I truly believe that the team is trying to make PayPal a payment option, but they're not exactly stepping in to stop the crucification of anyone who wants to use it by a certain few members...

Now I remember why I never leave Benheck. :P

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:57 am

I'll probably end up getting one around (and hopefully before) MGC. I'm definantly not pre ordering one though, I want to make sure all the bugs get worked out before I buy, and hope for a price drop. :)