Max Battery --> Pandorra Battery

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Ringquelle
Max Battery --> Pandorra Battery

Post by Ringquelle » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 am

Yesterday I bought a new battery to make a Pandora Battery without needing another Custom Firmware enabled PSP. I tried this guide:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=21280

However, my battery, a Max Power Battery, ( http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 011kx7.jpg ) turned out to be very different from the one in the pictures... I could find the right chip, which is named S93C56BV58651 (I'm guessing that's the same as chip S93C56. On the picture it is located in the middle, to the left of the biggest chip).
I'm not sure though which pin I have to cut. In the guide it mentions it needs to be the fifth, but which one is the 'right fifth'?

Also, do I need to de-solder it or can I also just cut it? I don't need to use it as a normal battery afterwards, just as a pandora-battery.

(Also my soldering skills... are not the best. I did some soldering at high school, and that was usually quite disastrous)

benol

Post by benol » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:18 pm

You can't use that, silly! You have to use an OFFICIAL Sony battery!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:21 pm

You also could have bought a Datel Tool battery which is a pandora's battery. You just need a memory stick with the files and you're good to go.
Meh, I don't post much.

Ringquelle

Post by Ringquelle » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:14 am

Is there really no way?

And those tool batteries are difficult to get by, so I have to make one myself.