Just Got a GP2X

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:40 am

bacteria wrote:cowsgoquack101 - that is classed as piracy, as it could be regarded that your friend might have bought it if you didn't give him a copy; also you making a copy of it is also illegal, as you have "copied it from one format to another". I'm no angel, no-one is, it just means you "need to keep it to yourself".
You're right, my bad. :oops:

arfink

Post by arfink » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Yeah, I remember using Mame wayyyy back when it was in like version .16 or something like that. I think it played less than 100 games back then. It was 2000, and I found mame while looking for a way to play Metal Slug. Obviously could'nt play that game on Mame back then, little did I know it would be coming in just a couple years... Now of course I have a job and so I just got a Neo Geo arcade board, did a little hacking, and now I have a Metal Slug of my own!
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

Kitsune_Baka

Re: Just Got a GP2X

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Twisted Warthog wrote:I just bought a GP2X and i got it today. Can you guys suggest some good Emulators and ROMS.

I know how to work the thing i just don't know what ROMS and emulators i should put on it. Thaaaanks! :D

edit by admin: Remember to keep it legal, people! No linking to ROM sites. -bic
I would like to see a Gp2X running Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Tales of Phantasia. If I slapped down the $160 for one of these things, I'd mostly be using it as a way to play fan-translated roms on the go. But can it play those games as good as ZSNES on an average PC? I remember having a dinky lil Win 98 with a Celeron and it playing ZSNES just perfect.

CronoTriggerfan

Re: Just Got a GP2X

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Kitsune_Baka wrote:I would like to see a Gp2X running Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Tales of Phantasia. If I slapped down the $160 for one of these things, I'd mostly be using it as a way to play fan-translated roms on the go. But can it play those games as good as ZSNES on an average PC? I remember having a dinky lil Win 98 with a Celeron and it playing ZSNES just perfect.
It really can't. SoM runs fairly smoothly, and Seiken Densetsu 3 will boot, and it runs very near fullspeed with transparencies turned off, but unfortunately, you need 'em to beat the game. As for ToP, don't even try. :lol: PSP's SNES9XTYL runs these games pretty well, more speedily than the GP2x does, at least.

CTFan