NDS Homebrew

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

dudex77
NDS Homebrew

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:54 pm

I just bought my R4 and am now looking for some homebrew to try out. Can anyone suggest some good games and apps?

Edit: I can delete posts aswell. WTF?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Fat D

Post by Fat D » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Apps: DSOrganize, Moonshell (included)
Games: LemmingsDS, Wolfenstein DS, ScummVM DS

benol

Post by benol » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:08 pm

About the polls, for a while Arcade was poll-able.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:35 pm

Oops. :lol:

EDIT: Okay, the permissions are set the same as F42.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

DSDoom
QuakeDS
Wolfenstien DS
SnemulDS
Jenesis
DsOrganize
Lameboy
A Touch of War

That's my favorites.
Meh, I don't post much.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:09 pm

Snemulds, touch of war, jenesis, and ds organize are working great but dsdoom just gives me a black screen. does anyone know of a good DDR clone for the ds that works with the r4 and allows you to use your own songs?
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:57 pm

dudex77 wrote:Snemulds, touch of war, jenesis, and ds organize are working great but dsdoom just gives me a black screen. does anyone know of a good DDR clone for the ds that works with the r4 and allows you to use your own songs?
Did you put the .wad file in the correct spot in DSDoom?

As far as the DDR clone...I don't think there is one that allows you to use your own songs. You could look around at www.DS-Scene.net though.
Meh, I don't post much.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I used a different dsdoom, it's the one with al the special stuff like having the map in the bottom screen.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 pm

dudex77 wrote:I used a different dsdoom, it's the one with al the special stuff like having the map in the bottom screen.
You got a link?
Meh, I don't post much.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:59 pm

this is the one I tried I'm going to try th official one aswell now I guess. I'm just dying to play some good homebrew rythm games on the ds though. Also anyone know of any shmups homebrew or not for the ds?

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:46 pm

This is a homebrew for the GBA, but of course will work fine on the DS. Ross Prince's Bust-A-Move is identical to the arcade version.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:56 pm

dudex77 wrote:this is the one I tried I'm going to try th official one aswell now I guess. I'm just dying to play some good homebrew rythm games on the ds though. Also anyone know of any shmups homebrew or not for the ds?
I might try that version. Just go to DS scene to download some homebrew. It's separated into the genre of homebrew games and shows the most popular.
Meh, I don't post much.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:06 pm

jedi knight wrote:I might try that version. Just go to DS scene to download some homebrew. It's separated into the genre of homebrew games and shows the most popular.
I tried that but none of the shmups i tried worked properly and only one of the rhythm games I tried somewhat worked. I'm just putting my doom1.wad at the root of my card, am I doing it right?

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:01 pm

dudex77 wrote:
jedi knight wrote:I might try that version. Just go to DS scene to download some homebrew. It's separated into the genre of homebrew games and shows the most popular.
I tried that but none of the shmups i tried worked properly and only one of the rhythm games I tried somewhat worked. I'm just putting my doom1.wad at the root of my card, am I doing it right?
Yes, the Doom.wad goes into the root of the card, along with all of the other DSDoom files. Just out of curiosity though, are you DLDI patching the games?
Meh, I don't post much.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:53 pm

jedi knight wrote:
dudex77 wrote:
Yes, the Doom.wad goes into the root of the card, along with all of the other DSDoom files. Just out of curiosity though, are you DLDI patching the games?
no, didn't. I didn't know I had to. I'll try that tomorrow I guess.