Clear case PSP

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
Clear case PSP

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:11 am

Well, I figured if vskid gets a post about painting his PSP, then I'll post one about my clear case with blue LEDs.

I know this isn't a very original mod (just take a look at the stuff people have done over at Acidmods.com), but hey it's mine.

It took me FOREVER to get this thing apart because screws kept stripping. They have those on TIGHT! I highly recommend looking for a video tutorial/walkthrough on YouTube for disassembling the case. There are a lot more parts to it than I thought possible.

Future projects:
1. Adding LEDs to the shoulder buttons
2. Adding extra LEDs and wiring them up to pulse to the music

I admit I'm fascinated with LED modding. The blue light is so mesmerizing...

I also used one of my extra surface mount blue LEDs to change my power light on my black DS Lite. I think it should have been that color to begin with. I'd really like to get a chrome case for that, but the only one I can find costs like $50. Yuck! In comparison to the few hours it took to mod the PSP, the DS mod took about 5 to 10 minutes total, including the iron heating up and disassembling and reassembling the case.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

nc

Post by nc » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 am

Ah , you're familiar with acidmods :D .

I suggest you add a second nub and a custom jewel (check the AM jewel factory).

Looks pretty clean as it is , bravo.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Please tell me this:
Where did you get the case?
How does the case hold up?
Any flaws>?

SS

BTW: That looks friggen sweet
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:11 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Please tell me this:
Where did you get the case?
How does the case hold up?
Any flaws>?

SS

BTW: That looks friggen sweet
I got the case from here.

The case is holding up quite well. The only "flaws" would be a battery cover that doesn't fit on quite as snugly as the original (but still just fine) and the UMD door catches a little bit when trying to close it.

Thanks for the compliments!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:14 am

What firmware are you running, and where can I find that bg wave?

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:24 am

ShockSlayer wrote:where can I find that bg wave?
It appears to be a stationary background. If you compare the 2 pictures that show it, they're exactly the same, and the pictures were taken 2 minutes apart.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:51 pm

Aye, it's just a picture of fire I used as a background. I'm using a legit firmware - no homebrew for now. Maybe in a year or two when I've got nothing else to do...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:17 pm

Life of Brian wrote:I'm using a legit firmware - no homebrew for now. Maybe in a year or two when I've got nothing else to do...
What???? What is there that you can do now? Only thing I do on my PSP that isn't homebrew is listen to music. Movies get streamed from my computer via PimpStreamer, emulators fill my gaming needs, and AFKIM lets me IM people when I'm not on the computer.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:37 pm

vskid wrote:
Life of Brian wrote:I'm using a legit firmware - no homebrew for now. Maybe in a year or two when I've got nothing else to do...
What???? What is there that you can do now? Only thing I do on my PSP that isn't homebrew is listen to music. Movies get streamed from my computer via PimpStreamer, emulators fill my gaming needs, and AFKIM lets me IM people when I'm not on the computer.
Believe it or not I just use my PSP for playing PSP games, watching the occasional movie, and checking out the forums every now and then. I'm just not interested in homebrew right now.

benol

Post by benol » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:42 pm

Life of Brian wrote:
vskid wrote:
Believe it or not I just use my PSP for playing PSP games, watching the occasional movie, and checking out the forums every now and then. I'm just not interested in homebrew right now.
Ugh! PSP Browser FTL!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai