TUTORIAL: Make a Pandora's Battery without a homebrew PSP!

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:03 am

Wrong. You can use it as a normal battery. Just turn it on hooked up to the power adaptor, then put the battery in. As long as you only put it in standby (not full power off), it will continue working just fine as a normal battery.

As for the earlier poster: some mem sticks with low write speeds will simply not work. Solution: get a better, faster, stronger card.

Hope that actually helps someone.

Excellent

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:41 am

Ok eurddrue what do you mean by relocate because currently my files are each on my desktop in their own folders 1.50 and 3.90 respectively... and the files themselves are EBOOT.PBP in each of those those folders. Where did you have yours located when it worked?

mackay22

Post by mackay22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi guys I hate making my first post a request, but I am in need of some help please

Like some others I ended up cracking open a battery with the small circuit board on the top, and two small nearly unidentifiable eeprom looking thingies on the underside,

heres a pic I found on a german forum, thats why me come here I dont speak german lol!!

Anyway this is what I gathered from the german forum,
It could well be chip 1 or 2?

The red dot indicates leg 1, so the brown mark is pin 5.

Ok, heres what I have done, and its not a pandora yet!

Removed leg 5 from each chip, one at a time testing in between, my battery is still working like normal,

Read that I can take all corners off to be sure, so I took all corners off pin chip 1, all 1 by 1 testing in between, notingh still works like a normal battery,

Heres where it gets weird

After removing all corners from chip 1, and what I thought was leg 5 on chip 2, I proceeded to remove what I thought was leg 8 on chip 2 (indicated by the red mark on the picture)
After removing this leg now my battery is rendered useless!!

It doesnt turn on, the battery doesnt work at all, not even as pandora!

SO,

I fixed it! I put the leg 8 back in place with a blob of solder and the battery works like normal!!

So still trying to make Pandoar battery I decided I might aswell remove the entire chip 1 from the board, which I did, and still nothing, it works just like a normal battery!!!

So heres my dillema,

I got battery with board as shown in pic,
I've totally removed the Chip Number 1 as shown in the pic
I've removed the brown leg from chip number 2, (leg 5?)
I've removed the blue leg from chip number 2,( leg 4?)
IF I remove the red leg (leg 8?) I fear it will be rendered dead battery, as it was before when I removed it,
I May still possibly try remove leg number 1 shown on chip 2 in the pic and hope for the best,

If you read all that, what do you think I got no chance of making pandora battery with this??

Wonder if I remove the whole of chip 2 will it work like pandora (I fear not since removing leg 8 seemed to kill it, however it may work with no chips on at all ay??)

Sorry for my first post being like this but I am stuck man!!

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:45 pm

No way to make that into a pandora battery. :(

You need an official PSP 1000 battery, or buy a pre-made pandora.

Excellent

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:47 pm

if you need help with translating something german, I can do that

mackay22

Post by mackay22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:36 pm

palmertech wrote:No way to make that into a pandora battery. :(

You need an official PSP 1000 battery, or buy a pre-made pandora.
Sorry i forgot to mention this is from official psp battery that came in psp, I got two like it phat psp

1800mah
sony official battery

just not the same damn battery as this tut was done with !!! lol

mackay22

Post by mackay22 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:40 pm

Kyo wrote:if you need help with translating something german, I can do that
thanks mate thatd be cool I found this site with google translate I cant quite make out if they had success or not would you mind having a quick look and letting me know

http://www.pspfreak.de/forum/psp-anfaen ... -akku.html

thanks a lot mate nice 1

c0da

Re: TUTORIAL: Make a Pandora's Battery without a homebrew PSP!

Post by c0da » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi guys, i'm new here and completely new to the hole PSP thing. I was wondering if i bought a NEW psp slim what are the chances of it having the new TA88v3 board in it. Is this likely to be in ALL new models? as i have read that this board cannot be hacked to install custom firmware "yet".

TIA

slowman

Post by slowman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:36 pm

This might not have been the most entirely appropriate thread to post in, but regardless...

There is an extremely high likelihood that you will get an unhackable PSP. The best course of action is to buy a phat from Craigslist. You can also get a Star Wars or Daxter bundle from Amazon as ALL SW and Daxter bundles are hackable.

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:12 pm

how to make a pandora without a homebrew PSP:

http://www.codejunkies.com

$20

it works on fat and slim

its infinitely reversible

its noob-proof

you can make and sell pandoras to your friends for stupid amounts of $$$$

[/thread]

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:18 pm

17daysolderthannes wrote: [/thread]
I hope you realize that you still need to make the memory stick using this thread, that is just a Pandora battery, does nothing special. And the newer PSP slims CANNOT be hacked using that, read the posts before yours.

Second, that is a ripoff. http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472
Only $7 including shipping.

Excellent

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:13 am

palmertech wrote:
I hope you realize that you still need to make the memory stick using this thread, that is just a Pandora battery, does nothing special. And the newer PSP slims CANNOT be hacked using that, read the posts before yours.

OK:

Rain's MMS maker ultralite=MMS done

Newer PSP Slim=PSP Lite, notice I didn't say "Lite", I just said fat and slim i.e. 1001 and 2001, excluding the absolute last few 2001s

Datel/Codejunkies TOOL battery pandorizor>bootleg sweat shop pandora battery. I can make Pandora batteries until the cows come home, and then continue, if you lose that bootleg battery, you're copulate.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:20 am

17daysolderthannes wrote:
palmertech wrote:

Datel/Codejunkies TOOL battery pandorizor>bootleg sweat shop pandora battery.
Why? They are the EXACT same thing, they perform the exact same function. The only difference is that Datel can charge more because they convince people like you they are somehow superior. :wink:

A "tool" battery IS a pandora battery. Simple as that.

And what do you mean if I lose it I am screwed? If you lose your Datel tool battery, same deal. :lol:

Excellent

17daysolderthannes

Post by 17daysolderthannes » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:05 pm

palmertech wrote:
Why? They are the EXACT same thing, they perform the exact same function. The only difference is that Datel can charge more because they convince people like you they are somehow superior. :wink:

A "tool" battery IS a pandora battery. Simple as that.

And what do you mean if I lose it I am screwed? If you lose your Datel tool battery, same deal. :lol:

wow, you just made an epic fail, that's not a TOOL BATTERY, its a TOOL BATTERY MAKER. You put an official Sony battery onto it, push a button, and it instantly converts it to a pandora battery. Then, after you're done, you can put it back on and switch it back. It takes literally about 1 second to switch back and forth. As an added bonus, you can use it to make pandora batteries for your friends (stupid friends) and charge them $10 or be an poop egress and charge $20 and instantly make your money back. The difference is that you can make a pandora battery out of any old official battery and leave your switcher safe and sound at home where i can't get lost. Datel also sells a typical pandora battery, but what dumbass would pay $5 more for that useless crap?

gamefreakfatty

Post by gamefreakfatty » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 pm

17daysolderthannes wrote:wow, you just made an epic fail, that's not a TOOL BATTERY, its a TOOL BATTERY MAKER. You put an official Sony battery onto it, push a button, and it instantly converts it to a pandora battery. Then, after you're done, you can put it back on and switch it back. It takes literally about 1 second to switch back and forth.
If I recall correctly, newer batteries can not be "pandorized" by means of software. In fact, I think some might not even be able to be "pandorized" through the hardware mod either.
17daysolderthannes wrote:As an added bonus, you can use it to make pandora batteries for your friends (stupid friends) and charge them $10 or be an poop egress and charge $20 and instantly make your money back.
I'm happy I don't have friends like you to attempt to rip me off...
17daysolderthannes wrote:The difference is that you can make a pandora battery out of any old official battery and leave your switcher safe and sound at home where i can't get lost.
See first response in my post.
17daysolderthannes wrote:Datel also sells a typical pandora battery, but what dumbass would pay $5 more for that useless crap?
The same one who would pay $20 for a unit to convert batteries to Pandoras and back instead of paying less than $7 shipped for an extra already-converted battery. If you wanted to use it for a normal battery as well, but didn't want to keep the DC files on it, you could spend a little more than $10 and get this battery.

I'm not trying to get into a fight or start any flame wars. I just want people to know that, unless you're going to rip people off to convert their batteries, you can just get one of those instead.
If you really want to rip people off, just get a battery/memstick combo (2GB or 4GB) and sell them together after you make the MMS. On eBay they go for $40+ I think...

-gamefreakfatty
i stink at making siggies