TUTORIAL: Make a Pandora's Battery without a homebrew PSP!

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

BoomBox-Creations
Re: My Pandora Issues

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:44 am

QuisEs99 wrote:Hey while i was cutting open my battery i saw sparks and some weird smelling smoke.... now when i create the magic memory stick and run it with the Pandora's battery the power light lights up but not the wifi one, therefor nothing happens. idk what i did wrong but my memory stick is a 256 pro duo is that it or did i break my pandora's battery because of the weird smelling smoke......? Help plz!
um, did you have a magic memory stick ( mms )???

that might be the problem.... and just make sure, that plug your mms in first then hold the L shoulder button then insert your battery.

( before i forget, is your PSP a slim or phat? if it is a slim, go here: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26459 ( might also help with phat PSP's aswell.... )

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:37 pm

I used this guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/579292 and at the bottom is the link i followed to make my mms via the download File Details-TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) - and program for the universal unbricker but i did not insert the card + L then insert battery... Although unfortunately today i discovered those cuts in my battery made it so the battery no longer works and im in desperate need for a genuine Pandora's Battery :(..... Any suggestions? thanks all for the help its much appreciated I've been trying to do this for months. (PS my PSP is a phat)

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Here are some cheap Pandora's batteries. http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/ ... r.10901160 Its a reputable website from which I have bought and received many things. Shipping is free, but it comes from china so it usually takes a few weeks.

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:00 am

QuisEs99 wrote:I used this guide http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/579292 and at the bottom is the link i followed to make my mms via the download File Details-TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) - and program for the universal unbricker but i did not insert the card + L then insert battery... Although unfortunately today i discovered those cuts in my battery made it so the battery no longer works and im in desperate need for a genuine Pandora's Battery :(..... Any suggestions? thanks all for the help its much appreciated I've been trying to do this for months. (PS my PSP is a phat)
try my guide: http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=26459

ive posted a few options on what to do for a battery..... ( softmodding, battery converter, 2-in-1 battery and hardmodding it ( like this guide ) )

and if you need any more help wih the MMS, its there aswell..

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

I bought a battery via that deal extreme web sight but does it really take up to two weeks for the package to arrive? o well i guess ill just be forced to wait long but ill get back again when i get the battery and am able to install some cfw....... what an adventure. Thanks all for the help

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:13 pm

thanks

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Ok so i bought a Pandora Battery from Dealextreme.com, precisely this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12472, and i made my MMS via BoomBox-Creations guide and the File Details-TOTALNewbi-easyInstaller-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC) - program but when i put the card in hold L and insert the 100% charged battery the power light comes on but nothing else for both processes of MMS creation.... what the heck? my current OF is 4.05 is that unpandorable or what cuz this is just frustrating.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 pm

well, some of the newer motherboards in the 2000's and 3000's are unpandorable. I suggest checking the psp-hacks forums. I can't remember the exact model that is incompatible but its on that site.

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm

My PSP is an original Phat 1000 though. Could it still have have something unpandorable? Or is there another way i can CFW a 4.05 OFW?

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:35 pm

QuisEs99 wrote:My PSP is an original Phat 1000 though. Could it still have have something unpandorable? Or is there another way i can CFW a 4.05 OFW?
I would say just try making the MMS using a different program

For a good program go to Aguiluz's guide under "List of PSP Homebrew Guides". He has download links to the MMS maker.I know for a fact that one works on a phat.

EDIT: appears that the links are broken, i'll have the link for you in a minute.

EDIT 2: here you go

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:22 am

QuisEs99 wrote:My PSP is an original Phat 1000 though. Could it still have have something unpandorable? Or is there another way i can CFW a 4.05 OFW?
no, it can be modded.

all phat PSP's ( PSP-1000's ) can be modded

no matter what firmware, as low as 1.50 or as high as 5.02 ( newest at writing of this )

You probably have a corrupt memory stick. or the battery that you ordered? probably is dead so charge it.

but make sure that the battery that you brought is for a phat PSP, because slim pandoras dont work on a phat. but phat pandoras do work on a slim.

So, if you want a pandora battery, i dont really like datel, but other than making your own, and some that you buy off dealexteme, they are the next best thing.. heres the slite for a phat pandora by datel: ( search http://us.codejunkies.com/ )

or you can get a battery converter: http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP- ... 00530.aspx

irt converts a noraml to pandora in a press of a button and back again in under 4 secs... i got 1 after hardmodding pandora batteries for people.... it really saved me time...

QuisEs99

Post by QuisEs99 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:39 am

Ok well i know its not the Battery that is broken because i got mine off of Deal Extreme, but when i try to make the MMS by using PSP Grader V0.2 recommended by Aguiluz's guide, the part where i load the 3.90 EBOOT and the 1.50 EBOOT gives me the error that it cannot find part of the path when i upload the EBOOT. what does that mean? any one used that program that can tell me officially?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:44 am

QuisEs99 wrote:Ok well i know its not the Battery that is broken because i got mine off of Deal Extreme, but when i try to make the MMS by using PSP Grader V0.2 recommended by Aguiluz's guide, the part where i load the 3.90 EBOOT and the 1.50 EBOOT gives me the error that it cannot find part of the path when i upload the EBOOT. what does that mean? any one used that program that can tell me officially?
your files are in the wrong spot that happened to me. just relocate your files a little.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

moeen

Post by moeen » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 am

I have the fat psp. Its bricked now. Was googling for restoration and got ur website.

I had CFW v3.71m-33. Now when i turn it on. Only power light goes on for bout 1 minute and then PSP turns itself off. No aliveness of LCD, Wifi LED, and MEM-STICK LED.

I have made pandora battery(i broke off the 5th pin of IC04. Currently downloading the Pandora MEMSTICK files from here: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardwa ... ethod.html

My questions are:

1. If i just move the pandora files to mem stick (as advised), how can i make my mem stick bootable? (I can only access the mem card via a universal card reader. NO USB MODE IN PSP SINCE ITS NOT COMING TO GUI)

2. If i manage to get my PSP fully functional again, can i still use my pandora battery to play games etc etc (from mem card, obviously the sco's and iso's) or should i have to buy another battery. (i havent desoldered the pin # 5 of IC04 but i have broken it :P )

hope u understand my 2nd question

PLZ REPLY SOON. its about a month my PSP is bricked

EDIT: I have successfully got pandora battery to work but...

while doing the msipl part: i get the error, no Y/N options

Code: Select all

C:\msinst>msinst G mspformat.exe
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL code mspformat.exe
32768 bytes(8 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 2
Check partation Sector
boot status        0x00
start head         0x01
start sec/cyl    0x0001
partation type     0x0C
last head          0xFE
last sec/cyl     0x7A3F
abs sector   0x0000003F
ttl sector   0x001E4FC1
signature        0xAA55
Check BPB Sector
signature        AA55
Check free reserved sector:to small reserved sectors
[/b]

I am using Original Sony Mem Stick Pro Duo 1GB with memcard reader(since my PSP is bricked)

EDIT 3: LOL! i got it to work. Just ran mspformat prior to msinst thingi.

Now when i turn my psp on, memstick and wifi leds do turn on too. But my screen doesnt come alive and PSP shuts itself off after 15 seconds. So no luck for recovery uptill now.

WHAT to Do???

is this thread still alive?? :( :( :(

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:36 pm

moeen wrote:I have the fat psp. Its bricked now. Was googling for restoration and got ur website.

I had CFW v3.71m-33. Now when i turn it on. Only power light goes on for bout 1 minute and then PSP turns itself off. No aliveness of LCD, Wifi LED, and MEM-STICK LED.

I have made pandora battery(i broke off the 5th pin of IC04. Currently downloading the Pandora MEMSTICK files from here: http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardwa ... ethod.html

My questions are:

1. If i just move the pandora files to mem stick (as advised), how can i make my mem stick bootable? (I can only access the mem card via a universal card reader. NO USB MODE IN PSP SINCE ITS NOT COMING TO GUI)

2. If i manage to get my PSP fully functional again, can i still use my pandora battery to play games etc etc (from mem card, obviously the sco's and iso's) or should i have to buy another battery. (i havent desoldered the pin # 5 of IC04 but i have broken it :P )

hope u understand my 2nd question

PLZ REPLY SOON. its about a month my PSP is bricked

EDIT: I have successfully got pandora battery to work but...

while doing the msipl part: i get the error, no Y/N options

Code: Select all

C:\msinst>msinst G mspformat.exe
PSP MS IPL Installer
Load IPL code mspformat.exe
32768 bytes(8 block) readed

Target DRIVE is 2
Check partation Sector
boot status        0x00
start head         0x01
start sec/cyl    0x0001
partation type     0x0C
last head          0xFE
last sec/cyl     0x7A3F
abs sector   0x0000003F
ttl sector   0x001E4FC1
signature        0xAA55
Check BPB Sector
signature        AA55
Check free reserved sector:to small reserved sectors
[/b]

I am using Original Sony Mem Stick Pro Duo 1GB with memcard reader(since my PSP is bricked)

EDIT 3: LOL! i got it to work. Just ran mspformat prior to msinst thingi.

Now when i turn my psp on, memstick and wifi leds do turn on too. But my screen doesnt come alive and PSP shuts itself off after 15 seconds. So no luck for recovery uptill now.

WHAT to Do???

is this thread still alive?? :( :( :(
you cant use that battery to do normal stuff any more ( like playing games, listening to music, etc. ) unless you firmware your PSP every single time you want to do something on it.... but you will need another normal battery...

try my guide for the MMS....

So for my guide ( links in signature ) do steps 1 ( which is the magic mem stick ) and step 3 ( whihc is using the MMS and the battery to flash the PSP's memory.. ) dont do step 2 because you already have a pandora battery...

hope that helped...