PSM - Playstation Micro

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: PSM - Playstation Micro

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:32 am

sadly it looks like the PSM is going to have to go on hold until i can afford to get this new soldering iron. the 2 tip choices for the cheap radio shack iron i have simply cannot handle this small of soldering. and i don't want to risk ruining my PSP board (any more then i possibly already have) by attempting to finish it with this soldering iron... :(

i am trying to save up to get this.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm

i have some amazing and great news! a dear friend of mine is gonna loan me her hakko soldering iron! so the PSM will only be on hold till it gets to me through the mail. :D some of you may remember her: tibia.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 am

So, has it come through the mail yet?
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol:

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:23 am

oh, yeah. but then it went on hold waiting for the correct tips to get to me, which took three weeks. lost interest in this mod. moved on to code name green mushroom. i'll come back and finish this sometime.

Sun-Wukong

Post by Sun-Wukong » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Well, it looks very nice so far. Look forward to seeing it when it's finished.
Chapel wrote:Ah shucks, I was really hoping to make an SNES encased in a 19 pound glob of hotglue and duct tape. :lol: