Idea: UMD writer

Trying to get homebrew running on your PSP? Want to add a screen light to your Game Boy? Trying to figure out how to work your GP2X? By popular demand, discuss it in here! (This forum is for pre-built handhelds, NOT custom made portables!)

Moderator:Moderators

ninjamonkey
Idea: UMD writer

Post by ninjamonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:03 pm

So recently I have been doing research into creating a FPS controller for the PC using an arduino, an accelerometer and and few buttons to emulate other keystrokes of a keyboard. Today, I was taking apart my PSP. I have a useless UMD reader due to the fact that one of the connector on the PSP motherboard is messed up for it. I though if you were somehow able to interface it with an arduino, you could potentially make a UMD writer. Am I right? Correct me if I am not.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Idea: UMD writer

Post by vskid » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:02 pm

You would need blank UMDs. Don't know why anyone would want to, not when you can mod a PSP and run games from a Memory Stick and get faster load times and longer battery life.

ninjamonkey

Post by ninjamonkey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:50 pm

True. I am just putting this out there. I have no intension of doing this.

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:12 am

What makes you think you can actually write to UMD discs with that reader in the first place?
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total