HandyPNP - code name: green mushroom

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: HandyPNP - code name: green mushroom

Post by lovablechevy » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:27 am

have just completely set capcom to the side. don't plan on going back to it till the 2nd batch after i'm married. it just frustrates me too much right now. and i still have 10+ to wire up. lol

so, i moved on to the c64. it's an odd one. it is fully hackable to make it into an actual c64 computer. obviously, i didn't want to do that. so i was rather confused when i got it all wired up and couldn't get a game to boot. it would go to the game select, but when i selected a game, it would go to the command prompt for the c64. after doodling around with the buttons a while, making sure they were indeed all connected properly and i wasn't just pressing the wrong button... i thought i'd see about wiring it up to 5v instead of 7.4v. it takes 4 aas, which is 6. vast majority of p&ps that are like this, i've been wiring to 7.4v. i thought to myself tho, i thought "self... maybe the increase in voltage is instantly kicking it into computer mode. self, you should wire it up to 5v and see what happens."

so i did that, and games booted normally. go figure. lol!

i still need to do some work on the controller pins, they are being very finicky. but it's sunday, and that means it's game day with the fiancee!

they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:55 pm

got the super joy iii cartridge "done" tonight. and by "done" i mean 2nd player isn't wired up and i have yet to design the front label. lol! i figured 2nd player i can open up and wire her in when i actually make the 2nd player controller. i left room for the 2nd player controller brain right next to the 1st player controller brain. :D

now that i can properly look over the game list, i can finally see about making it's label. but not tonight. :)
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

lovablechevy

Post by lovablechevy » Sun May 04, 2014 2:43 pm

oops... i'm behind on updates...

first:
i wanted to get the dream gear done tonight. it has the infrared wireless controller.

well, the dpad is working, but i can't get any of the other buttons to properly register. i'm too tired to look further into it tonight. but i anticipate i should be able to figure it out. i mean, the dpad is working flawlessly, after all.

second:
started the cleaning/repair process last night. cleaning it took a lot longer then anticipated

before

lots of wires loose

after cleaning

since the reset button is almost back to 100% black, i'm just gonna leave it. it will just flake off again fast, esp since you kinda need to use your nail to press it, so as to not accidentally reset your game.

will be rewiring up the cart slot tonight and addressing the low battery indicator. also, try to locate where the short in the audio line is.

third:
yeah i saw the intellivision one. pretty cool they are doing it. only way it'd really work is to make the controller into a controller to use with it. just not enough buttons. lol. not to mention it'd be weird trying to remember what button is what

oh, and by the way, i am LOVING how much space i'm saving with this!

and, no, its not ready to be released as finished yet. i still have carts that need to be properly closed. and they all need work on pins

forth:

i am calling it officially done for this chapter. finished post will come at some point. i still need to make a video and some final shots.

sadly, the c64 cart has started acting up. so i am left with really 11 fully functional carts. the c64 is back to doing what it was before. it boots fine to the game select screen, then freezes on any game i select.