Creating a Portable (Power Blaster) (First Time) (Help!)

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

MAXOFLIFE
360 GamerTag:MAXOFLIFE
Steam ID:MAXOFLIFE
Creating a Portable (Power Blaster) (First Time) (Help!)

Post by MAXOFLIFE » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 pm

First off, this is the first project I have ever done and I wanted to post it here so that I can get some help. My main objective is to turn this small device into a portable that I can charge and play on the go. You may have seen something like this, but basically you plug it into an outlet, then the TV, and then you immediately have access to over a thousand old games. Here are the pictures of the device:

This is my first portable, and I will buy a screen soon. Luckily this should be simple considering the audio/video/power plugs are already on the top. As the board says, it requires 9 volts. It also has an adapter that it comes with to plug into the wall. My issue is that I don't know how to power everything correctly, or what to even buy. I only recently learned the difference between volts, amps, and current.

So, what I am asking you is how do I power something that requires 9v and a screen that will be possibly 12v or 5v depending on what I get. As well as what batteries do I need to buy that can be recharged? I am completely clueless on the topic and any help is appreciated! :)

threedog

Re: Creating a Portable (Power Blaster) (First Time) (Help!)

Post by threedog » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 am

That's a really good beginer's project. If you take a look in the 1980's gaming index, you will find a ton of information that will help you. (your Power Blaster is a "Nintendo on a Chip") A lot of forum members have done some pretty nifty projects with these things. I bet if you look under '80's gaming under NOAC, you'll find more info than you'll know what to do with. Good luck!