Homemade skill crane

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Superduperdrew
Homemade skill crane

Post by Superduperdrew » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Hello, I, like most people, like skill cranes. So, again like most people, I think it would be great to be able to play one whenever I wish. So, I decided to try to make my own. I am a novice when it comes to soldering, so I decided the claw could move by using parts from RC cars. However, I'm not sure how I would go about raising and lowering the claw. At first, I thought just a DC motor would work, but then I realized it couldn't go back up. :facepalm: So, my main problem at this point is that I need some kind of motor that can go down, then back up, without going too high (messing up the claw) or go too low (potentially messing up or missing what I am trying to grab) while still doing this with only the push of a button. Also, I don't own a camera, so I can't take any pictures.
If life gives you lemons, sell them on ebay.

Superduperdrew

Re: Homemade skill crane

Post by Superduperdrew » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

I found something that will work for raising and lowering, a k'nex roller coaster motor.
If life gives you lemons, sell them on ebay.