Idea for multiple emulator console

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

TheIronTiger
360 GamerTag:DOOM PUFFIN
Steam ID:TheIronTIger
Idea for multiple emulator console

Post by TheIronTiger » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:14 am

Okay i posted something a little while ago and i think this posting makes more sense. What i want to do is make a small computer enclosure, stick a mini or micro atx mobo in it then but 4 usb ports in the front for nes, snes, sega, etc., controllers that have been moded to run off usb instead of their original plugs. After that is done I will connect it to my tv through an hdmi, composite, or vga cable. When the system turns on it will boot to a front end that lets me choose a system and whichever game i want to play. I plug in whichever usb moded remote i need and relive the glory days of sonic and mario. I know this is possible but anyone have any ideas of what might make it better?? I need help with the front loader and how to get it to work

ChaosAlchemyst

Re: Idea for multiple emulator console

Post by ChaosAlchemyst » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:27 pm

http://malafe.net/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's A free Frontend that to work with emulators like Dolphin, Project 64, and znes (Gamecube, N64, and SNES/NES respectively) When you configure it for the first time, you can select programs that can be launched and emulators with the respective locations of their ROMs on file so that it can generate a nice drop-down list of them.

I believe the site has a relatively in-depth tutorial if you can't understand it just by staring at it. :P

EDIT: My bad, Didn't realize that it was made in January. Sorry for the Necrothread.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Idea for multiple emulator console

Post by eagle5953 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:44 pm

No big deal - it's only been a few months, and, much more importantly, your comment was relevant.

I would probably just use a USB SNES controller for NES, SNES, and Genesis games - the SNES pad has enough buttons, besides being one of the best controllers ever.