My own version of namco plug and play

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

TheIronTiger
360 GamerTag:DOOM PUFFIN
Steam ID:TheIronTIger
My own version of namco plug and play

Post by TheIronTiger » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:24 am

So my new mod that I am going to be working on very soon is my own version of the namco plug and play, obviously mine will have more games though. Im planning on having it emulate NES, SNES, SEGA, Atari, and of course MAME roms as well as a few other systems. The only problem I`m seeing is that i wont be able to make it batttery powered as i plan on using a mini itx or micro itx motherboard as the brains. Anyone have any ideas? Also right now im finishing up converting a 360 fiht pad into an actual arcade fight stick if anyone wants to see any pictures let me know.

tom61

Re: My own version of namco plug and play

Post by tom61 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Mini-ITX is several times bigger than a Namco plug and play, you need something like PC-104 or Pico-ITX if that size is the target. Do you have a front-end picked out for selecting games? It'd look rather odd to have to navigate through a normal GUI on a TV to select emulators.