Gamebox Quiz Machine - Help Please !

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

eggybread
Gamebox Quiz Machine - Help Please !

Post by eggybread » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi, I've recent bought a few faulty Gamebox / Paragon Quiz Machines. I am trying to get one working and i've done pretty well with the hardware but when it boots up it says that it should be running in 256 colour mode or higher... It runs on Windows 95. The problem i'm having is how can I set the Colours as I dont know how to get into windows to get to the control panel. Plus I have a keyboard connected but it only works to get into the bios, when it starts booting up it disables the keyboard and just the touchscreen is activated. Also, Does anyone know what dongles work with what games sets ? I have a load of dongles.. Just havent got this far yet. I persume since these machines were originally "who wants to be a millionaire" machines that the dongle for millionaire won't work when i put a games pack on with cluedo, pepsi chart quiz etc ?? Any help is much appreciated. Cheers, Mark