RetroDuo Arcade

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
RetroDuo Arcade

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:00 am

Hmm... Ponoko teamed up with SparkFun, so one could theoretically get a case made and order the joystick, buttons, wiring harnesses, and other miscellaneous electronic items one would need to make a miniature arcade cabinet all in one place. I could even share the design and a how-to guide if I want. All that would be needed would be to get a RetroDuo and something like a PSOne screen to finish it up. Hmm...
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

gamax92

Re: RetroDuo Arcade

Post by gamax92 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:12 pm

im lost. why does it say nes.
I DONT CARE ABOUT POST COUNT.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 pm

gamax92 wrote:im lost. why does it say nes.
Because the RetroDuo has a SNES board and a NES board inside of it. Therefore, that would be the location of the aforementioned boards.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Actually, that's where I'm planning on having the cartridges insert. I still want to do this project, just not certain when I'll get to it. I have a friend who got a Neo Geo arcade cabinet (a four cartridge one) for free! FREE! I'm so jealous... But then he called me over to help him get the new controls working on it, so I got to play around with the electronics of it so I'm happy :D

If I could make something even a fraction as cool as this guy's work then I would be super pleased. I've been reading up on his build logs, which is kind of hard since he's from Spain and I have to use Google Translate, but still - a picture's worth a thousand words. One of the reasons why a build log without pictures is so useless - someone reading it might not even speak your language!

I had a fun idea - wire up the coin slot to the start button :D You have to put in a quarter to start the game! Of course this wouldn't work on EVERY game, but it would be funny.

Edit: Of course I post that ^ before reading this thread. I swear it was an idea I came up with on my own! :P

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:59 pm

so is the screen a slim monitor or a big bulky monitor.
nevermind1534 wrote:By, I cringe every time I see a post by you, because of the immense number of useless comments that seem to be there for no reason other than to up your post count.
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 pm

It's just a 5" PSOne LCD screen or something similar. The whole thing is only going to be like 18" tall at most, as shown in the drawing.

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Ohh SH|T thats a mini. i thoughts this was a full size arcade
#DCE1E5 #ECECEC