SEGA 32X VIDEO ISSUE (DOOM)

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

focusmode
SEGA 32X VIDEO ISSUE (DOOM)

Post by focusmode » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 am

I am trying to restore my old game systems and I am now working on my Sega 32x. The unit is plugged in my Sega 2 with a Sega CD version 2 and I am trying to play DOOM. The game boots up just fine and I can see the menu system along with my status bar at the bottom of my screen. However, I cannot see the actual gameplay. I can hear my weapon shooting and hear my guy grunting around but just no picture....keep in mind I do still see my status bar and other menu systems just not the actual gameplay. Is this a problem with my game, 32x, or the TV I have it hooked up too? I have a Mitsubishi 60" DLP that runs everything else ok, so I don't think it is that. HELP?!?!?!?

kylechu

Re: SEGA 32X VIDEO ISSUE (DOOM)

Post by kylechu » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:02 am

Do you have that little cable that connects the back of the genesis to the back of the 32x?
\

focusmode

Post by focusmode » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:06 am

kylechu wrote:Do you have that little cable that connects the back of the genesis to the back of the 32x?
No, I believe the sega version that I have isn't required to use that patch link cable. Also, I don't remember ever using this cable before. If I am not mistaken the Sega 2 doesn't have a port to even plug the patch link cable in.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:31 pm

It does. The patch cable goes from the Genesis AV out port into the 32X AV in port. That's why you get some images, but not all. The Genesis provides some layers, the 32X provides others. Without the patch cord, you can only see and hear what the 32X is out putting.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

focusmode

Post by focusmode » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Well, I guess I will get that patch cable from somewhere. Thanks guys, I read multiple online threads saying otherwise but I have no other option considering I don't have that cable and I am getting no picture. THANKS!!!

kylerock96
PSN Username:xXminiman159Xx
360 GamerTag:xXkylerockXx

Post by kylerock96 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 pm

If i remember right, it is just an s-video cable.
I will take commissions on anything!!!!*

that is, anything but arcade systems...

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 am

kylerock96 wrote:If i remember right, it is just an s-video cable.
Nope it passes RGB, Sync, and a bunch of other stuff. Basically you need to connect all the pins together EXCEPT the +5V.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."