Neo MVS No Sound with Vega Jr. Supergun

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

terrybogard
Neo MVS No Sound with Vega Jr. Supergun

Post by terrybogard » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Ok so i have a vega jr supergun, i baught a neo one slot mvs1f when i hook it up and put in any game the only sound that works is the boot neo chime and the coin insert. There is no in game music or sound effects of any kind. I tested other games like cps2 on my supergun and the sound works ok. I then gave back the neo one slot and the guy said when he tested it there was no issues. What seems to be the problem. What do i do. Thanks for any help

JimmyDean

Re: Neo MVS No Sound with Vega Jr. Supergun

Post by JimmyDean » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:08 pm

take the motherboard to a repair shop and ask them to recap it. Sometimes sound problems stem from dried-up capacitors. Oh, and btw, sweet setup! Once I get some money, I'm building me a supergun.
mods completed:

NES overclock
Sega Genesis model 1 jap/eng switch

low_budget

Re: Neo MVS No Sound with Vega Jr. Supergun

Post by low_budget » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:35 pm

The older NEO Geo boards have a slightly different pinout than regular JAMMA. The differences are more buttons for the MVS and the sound is wired slightly differently. Pin 10 is right speaker, pin L is the left speaker, and there is no separate ground for sound.
Here's a pinout comparison:

http://podcasts.aolcdn.com/engadget/vid ... Pinout.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;