ideas for first project

Hacking a [insert console name here] but don't see a "[insert console name here] Hacking" forum? Come on in and post your [insert console name here] questions and build logs!

Moderator:Moderators

vulgardaclown
PSN Username:VulgarDaClown
Steam ID:vulgardaclown
ideas for first project

Post by vulgardaclown » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:57 pm

i have a 5" TFT color screen from digital view my brother-in-law gave me. i would like to make some kind of hand held jamma machine, possibly an MVS portable. any other ideas for a first time portable maker?

Frizo

Re: ideas for first project

Post by Frizo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 pm

A nes clone, its what I'm doing, and doesn't require much soldering (just a new led, if wanted, and the battery. You could solder the screen, but I dont want to. Just in case it craps out on me.)
Projects at the moment:
The FrizNES (Portable NES) *ON HOLD, Need a new NES*

vulgardaclown

Post by vulgardaclown » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Frizo wrote:A nes clone, its what I'm doing, and doesn't require much soldering (just a new led, if wanted, and the battery. You could solder the screen, but I dont want to. Just in case it craps out on me.)
yeah. i might go with something simpler too. i was reading up some more on it and i dont think i could swing the power supply for the mvs or any jamma device in a handheld. so any other ideas? i have a few NES's lying around that work. might try that too. and i suck with solder, so im gonna use gold old electric tape and hot glue.

Frizo

Post by Frizo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

vulgardaclown wrote:
Frizo wrote:A nes clone, its what I'm doing, and doesn't require much soldering (just a new led, if wanted, and the battery. You could solder the screen, but I dont want to. Just in case it craps out on me.)
yeah. i might go with something simpler too. i was reading up some more on it and i dont think i could swing the power supply for the mvs or any jamma device in a handheld. so any other ideas? i have a few NES's lying around that work. might try that too. and i suck with solder, so im gonna use gold old electric tape and hot glue.
Really, all you have to do is solder the battery port/holder to the 2 things in the AC jack. TEST BEFORE YOU SOLDER!
Projects at the moment:

vulgardaclown

Post by vulgardaclown » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Frizo wrote:
vulgardaclown wrote:
Really, all you have to do is solder the battery port/holder to the 2 things in the AC jack. TEST BEFORE YOU SOLDER!

fair enough. i might try it. thanks :D

Frizo

Post by Frizo » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:19 pm

vulgardaclown wrote:
Frizo wrote:
vulgardaclown wrote:

fair enough. i might try it. thanks :D
No problem, have fun! Hope you finish your project!
Projects at the moment: